- bx_con sole EWhen I read about the '72' channels, and each one different, let's just say it was hard to take seriously. But after I purchased this product and used it on several projects, using the feature 'All' to change the 25 instances that I had on the project to a different channel for each plug (really really easy), I was impressed. The way the plugin is laid out makes it very easy to go through each track and adjust what you need quickly. The comp works extremely well, as does the gate. EQ section is very powerfull. I was able to do general eq'ing of all tracks with just the bx-console. I was really surprised at how easily it made working with a plugin that simulates a mixer, feel like I was working with a mixer!! After I finished with the last track I sat back and listened and thought, wow! This really sounds good and clean! All I needed was some window dressing on it and call it a wrap! On of my fav plugins now!! I am convinced.
- Another TriumphAt first I had no interest in channel strip type plugins. Then I tried the Console N and, despite my initial scepticism, my world view changed. So when the E came up on a good deal it was a no brainer. The key thing for changing my mind on channel strips is the TMT and the ability to change channels, all with minor variations, which gives huge depth of field to the sound stage when mixing in the box. Through a summing amp it is breathtaking!
Whilst the N remains my favourite, the E is equally versatile on a wide range of sources. It has become my goto for Rock / Metal guitars and bass, it really enables driven tones to sing while the two EQ options gives distinctly different colour pallettes. Which is invaluable for getting big sounds to sit well in a dense mix. I also find the E efficacious for giving punch and personality to synth tracks and loops, here the option to use E or G dynamics really comes to the fore.
Overall the Console E is a winner. It has fantastic sound. Great versatility, especially with the EQ and Dynamics options. Very low CPU hit, you really can have one on every channel if you so desire. The BX Console range has changed the way I work and I would wholeheartedly encourage anyone to give them a try.
Steve Paine - Lyonesse Studios - South Wales UK
- console A plusIts Tolerance Modeling Technology makes it perfectly imperfect. In my eyes the best sounding E-series emulation by far.
- bx console EA great reason to start mixing in the box, and having the ability to vary the channel selection at the click of a button, PRICELESS! Love this plugin and everything Plugin Alliance is doing! Keep up the great work :)Plugin Alliance responseThank you Cory!
- Console EThe absolutely best SSL console plugin,
- E ChannelA/Bd this with the waves version I’ve been using for years and this beat it hands down. Not even a contest, way harder, punchier, and more Hi Fi. Makes everything sound better period.
- Looks and feels like the real thingAs an owner of a SSL AWS I love the E channel. When the production is short on time and I can´t afford any recall time, I use the E channel on almost all tracks for instant, fast mixing. The EQ feels almost exactly like the original and the dynamics especially the compressor does a superb job on most source material.
- Console EGreat Plugin, Absolute must have!
- Bx_console EMy friend had been bugging me to try this plugin for a while and I’m glad I finally got around to it. Killer sound and intuitive to use. Thd knob is great, eq does what I want it to do and it’s the first time I’ve really dug the fast attack mode on a ssl ch compressor.
- bx_console ESlowly becoming one of my favourite plug ins using it almost in every session.Along with his brother bx_console G, they dominating my mixer in every new mix more often and often and often.....