Two colorful compressors in one
The Lindell Audio 354E precisely replicates the distinct behavior and rich sonic character of the 2254E and turns it into a flexible 3-band compressor plugin. With mode engaged, you can radically shape and compress individual tracks. Turning off mode results in lighter, more nuanced compression that’s suitable for mastering or surgical mixing purposes.
Shape the tone of drums, electric guitars, and rock vocals
The 354E sounds great on drums, electric guitars, and rock vocals. Use it to subtly control or dramatically reshape tracks for maximum size, punch, and bottom-end weight thanks to three independent compression bands (Low, Mid, and High), mode, and its Niveau and high pass sidechain filters. With an adjustable attack time as fast as 2µsec (two-millionths of a second), the 354E is capable of clamping down on the most unruly sound sources.
Classic compression from smooth to severe
Using mode is like throwing TNT on drum room mics. Explode room ambience and make your drums pump like a jackhammer. Shield bass frequencies from compression using the built-in filters and then dial in the sound of your lows, mids, and highs using the ratio and gain controls assigned to each band.
Gentle enough for mastering
When you turn off mode, the 354E takes on the nuanced behavior needed for buss compression and mastering. Use a gentle ratio setting to glue your mixes together. Kick in the Niveau filter to add punch, fullness, and weight to the bottom end of thin mixes. Use the 354E’s mid/side mode to compress hard-panned guitars without affecting your kick drum, bass, and lead vocals. Finally, A/B your plugin configuration settings to confidently finish mixes.
Legal Disclaimer: Neve and 2254E are registered trademarks of AMS/Neve Inc. The Lindell 354E was developed by Lindell Audio based on its own modeling techniques. AMS/Neve has not endorsed nor sponsored the 354E in any manner, nor licensed any intellectual property for use in this product.
- 2:58Plugin Alliance | Lindell 354E - Review (Electonic Music)
- 25:17Plugin Alliance - Lindell 354e - Mixing With Mike Plugin of the Week
- 4:45Drum Buss Processing: Plugin Alliance & Lindell 354E
- 8:22How To Add Excitement To Your Drum Mix [Lindell 354E Multiband Compressor]
- 2:53354E Mastering Limiter Demo by Lindell
- 8:01Multiband Compression with Vintage Vibe using the Lindell 354E - Demo
Two colorful compressors in one
- Adjustable crossover frequencies between bands.
- Ratios range from 1.5:1 for mastering to 6:1 for shaping individual tracks.
- The switchable SMASH mode over-compresses tracks for dramatic effect.
- Mid/side mode focuses compression on mid/side channels for surgical precision.
- Sidechain circuit high pass filter for punchy drums and bass guitar.
- The switchable Niveau filter uses a tilted shape to preserve bass energy, great for creating the killer API-style “thrust” compression effect.
- The Mix control delivers instant parallel processing.
- Bands can be linked and soloed.
- Blazing-fast 2µsec attack time.
- Auto release for artifact-free processing.
- Optional auto-makeup gain for each band.
- Resizable user interface.
- 16x oversampling.
I put the Lindell 354E on the stereo buss of a mix I was working on, and it glued the track together perfectly. This thing rules.
The 354E has a new home on my parallel drum buss! Having all the features of a modern multiband compressor, but with vintage tonality, is super useful, and it can easily do what would otherwise… Read More
Loving this one -- it’s a beast! I could instantly blow up the kick out of a full drum loop without affecting the rest of the sounds. I was able to warm up a vocal and give it some nice attitude… Read More
The 354E retains all the detail of the original signal but gives the frequencies you need help with plenty of extra punch and bite. The filter stage is smooth and subtle, unless you want to drive… Read More
The Lindell 354E is my #1 choice for glueing everything together and making it sound humongous at the same time. With the Multiband, M/S and 'SMASH' switch, the 354E can deliver new sounds which I… Read More
Great buss compressor★★★★★I like in on 2bus, it's perfect fat and warm glue.
Lindell 354E★★★★★This plugin is a no-brainer...for years the SSL G buss compressor was hailed as the go to compressor for glueing your mix..and it worked well...however, the Lindell 354E plugin delivered beyond… Read MorePlugin Alliance responseWe're happy to learn that the magic works for you. Thanks!
Dusty kick just right★★★★★As i like a drum bus with parallel compression
i now have 2 drum busses with parallel compression
One of course one this Lindell
Townhouse is the other btw
A real treat!… Read More
354E★★★★★Not a single update in 3 years... because you can’t update perfection. They nailed it the first time... boom! This plug is perfect.
Smooth and big★★★★★The Lindell can wrap your mixes in something huge and soft. Above all I love shaping a mix with these fast attack and well chosen release times. The Lindell offers a big, special sound and surprises… Read More
Supported Plugin Formats
AAX Native, AU, VST2, VST3
Supported Operating Systems
macOS 13 down to macOS 10.11
Windows 11 down to Windows 8
Intel or Apple Silicon architecture
Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM
With the Installation Manager you can select, download & install all the Plugin Alliance products. Select any and all formats you need for your system! Mac & PC.
Lindell 354E - Changelog
Version 1.0.4 (Sep 27, 2023)
- Updated parameter naming
Version 1.0.3 (Mar 23, 2023)
- Apple Silicon Support for AAX
Version 1.0.2 (Feb 24, 2023)
- Apple Silicon support for AU and VST2/3
Version 1.0 (Apr 17, 2017)
- Release version