- Brainworx Bx_meterThe Brainworx Bx_meter plugin is a fantastic plugin for mixing and mastering audio, Brainworx Bx_meter is a plugin that every music producer and mixing technician and mastering technician need to have this plugin in their collection of plugins.
Brainworx Bx_meter makes it possible, through its fantastic resources , to elevate any audio mixing and mastering to a final result of the highest possible level imaginable.
Brainworx Bx_meter is indispensable for all audio recording studios and since home studios to the largest audio recording studios on the planet.
To know where the audio is coming in the mix and master, it is indispensable to have this plugin for audio measurement .
- bx_meterGreat metter!!! Must have!
- All the timeThe bx_meter is always in my projects. Production, mixing, mastering, audio analysis… Everywhere, every time.
More than a simple feedback, but more a personal tip (some users may know).
I use it in a very simple way, but I lately found my perfect way to use it.
Let's say I have one output for the rough mix linked to the main out (of Logic Pro X in my case) and one out for the current mix/master (let's call it Master Bus) I'm doing that is linked to the main out too.
I put one bx_meter on the main out, to get metering of both versions and one on the Master Bus at the very end of the mastering chain. The one on the master bus is switched off but the Standard Filter is active. If I decided to use this one is because it puts volume down to -7dBFS and that's almost what artists send as value for their mixdowns. So by activating this one the Master Out will drop down and will be closer to the mixdown level.
Then by switching from the rough and the mastered version, I can compare the Dynamic Range (DR), the RMS at the same peak level (-7dBFS to tell again). This will help to take good decisions about the final volume stage, especially by checking the DR. For electronic music, I like to go from 9 to 6 (is the highest I tend to do now), really depending on how tracks have been mixed and how producers want their tracks, depending on style and many more parameters.
Hope this is helpful for some of you!
I think this use very handy.
- ESSENTIALMUST HAVE PLUGIN.
You can monitor your singal in M/S, control the Phase correlation, peak and RMS. Insert it in you master chain.
- Simple & Immensely UsefulI have a lot of different metering plug-ins—bx_meter has become my favorite. When mastering I am always trying to maximize my dynamic range (Musicians Against the Loudness War!) and I like the way bx_meter shows the DR along with the peak and RMS values. I also like the vertical orientation of this plug-in—I can tuck it away to one side of my screen, leaving me space to work with other plug-ins. Other useful features include the stereo placement and correlation. You can also quickly solo the mid and side bands. It has everything I need.
- Piece of mind accuracyThis meter has the unique capability to see the stereo correlation which eliminates my need for another plugin. The K-metering system is a nice touch which again, eliminates the need for another plugin. The ability to check levels for all stereoscopic modes is something I would have to stack plugins to do while the bx_meter does it all in one interface.
The vertical orientation is my definitive choice of view. The ability to see the range bar(s) in either a static or dynamic position is really a nice touch. Sometimes you want to look at peaks and just consider range secondary while other times, you're checking loudness and having the range in a static position is just genius. That was a really nice feature. I also like that you can choose to have a solid bar or two individual ones for mono or stereo range respectively.
No iLOK! Thank goodness. USB activation or system activation is all you need for this meter and the process couldn't be easier. Thank you again.
This does a great job for peak metering...very good. The RMS metering is good too but I would like to have the ability to control the decay time and the time interval for which the RMS is calculated, especially for metering dialog which has pauses for punctuation. Other than that, for music, it's exactly what I need, no more, no less.
Lastly, I would say that compared to other meters, this is a nice replacement to several metering plugins and can become a nice addition to a new metering chain. Couple this with your own loudness meter and you are mixing for the future.
- bx_meterGreat mastering tool with the K scales and mid/sides, mono ,phase shift ,listening abilities !
- Guide to Perfect MixingThere are a bunch of complex meters and analysers out there, and most of these are pricey and require manuals to grasp. Some of these don't even show the RMS level correctly. The bx_meter captures the essence of loudness and dynamics in an intelligible, delightful and correct manner guiding you to a perfect mix every time at a reasonable price.