Bass Amped up… Now available in all major native formats!
Defining the sound of electric bass, the Ampeg B-15N has been instrumental in everything from Motown cuts with James Jamerson to classic Stax records with Donald “Duck” Dunn. The 30-Watt, 1X15 all-tube power machine is filled with character, giving you a thick fundamental note that has been responsible for huge records from the ’60s and ’70s - Rock, Funk, Soul, you name it!
Crafted by Brainworx, the Ampeg B-15N plugin emulates the circuitry, tone and iconic beefiness of Ampeg’s Heritage B-15N amp.
Instant Classic in the Box
Accurately capturing the original amp’s Dual 6L6-powered circuit along with a great sounding Baxandall EQ, the Ampeg B-15N Bass Amplifier could easily become your go-to bass amp. Using the best digital emulation technology, Brainworx recreates the world’s most recorded bass tone with ease. It really isn’t easy to find an amp that offers such a bold tone with the amount of detailed control to shape it. Only 250 Ampeg Heritage B-15Ns hardware units were built, all with the intention of replicating the classic sounds of the 1964 and 1966 models. The two channels — 1964 and 1966 — both deliver different styles of equally legendary tones.
The 1964 offers a 25-Watt cathode biased circuit, while the 1966 puts out a 30-Watt, fixed bias circuit. The timbre of the 1964 is a bit softer, while the 1966 input presents you with more headroom and midrange. You can also use the volume knob to define a thick and smoky tone, ideal for anything more subtle like Jazz and Soul, or you can crank it up to get a roaring growl that is rich with harmonics and grit. Of course, you also have the option of choosing between different bias modes, creating many more possibilities when it comes to your tone!
FX Rack That Rocks
The B-15N plugin offers further refinement of your sound with Brainworx’s signature FX Rack. Here you will find a Noise Gate that controls any kind of possible buzzing in the lows, selectable HP and LP filters which will allow you to further sculpt your bass tone. On top of that, you can play with the Power Soak circuit for further distortion avoiding over-boosting your output gain.
Ampeg B-15N. A modern piece of bass history.
- Faithful model from the Limited Rendition of the World's Most Recorded Bass Tone
- Fully endorsed by Ampeg
- 2 distinct preamp circuits (1964 and 1966)
- Baxandall Bass and Treble (per channel)
- FX Rack include noise gate, tight and smooth filters, Power Soak and a horn On/Off function for the cabinets
- 42 Recording Chains with multiple speaker cabinets recorded in a state of the art NEVE equipped studio
My go-to studio amp is my Ampeg Heritage B-15N, so I’m very familiar with it. This plugin captures it beautifully. It’s a fantastic mix tool.
Ampeg’s are some of the most reliable and versatile amps on the market. No matter what kind of style or genre you are aiming for, an Ampeg is the perfect starting point!
My favorite PA bass sim★★★★★I think I have all of the PA bass amp sims, and this one turns out to be the one I use most of the time. It's hard to describe sounds, but I'll describe it as having an easy richness and thickness… Read More
Perfect★★★★★Perfect for solid, sit-in-the-mix bass, including some serious attitude if wanted. But its not the in-your-face-epic-huge sound of the SVT-VR and SVT-3. For me that makes B-15N a really nice… Read More
Legendary!★★★★★Legendary amp, very convincing, authentic simulation!
Great for bass, of course, the perfect companion for every Precision, Jazz Bass or Rickenbacker, of course, but also does a great job in… Read More
B-15N★★★★★Used the analog version in the 70's hard to tell if is analog or plugin when closing eyes . It also has many added options that did not exist on the analog one.
decent...★★★★☆I've got a hardware of this amp - the plugin sounds kinda similar but not as good as a real one.
Supported Plugin Formats
AAX DSP, AAX Native, AU, AAX AudioSuite, VST2, VST3
Supported Operating Systems Mac PC System Requirements
macOS 12 down to macOS 10.11
Windows 11 down to Windows 8
Intel, or Apple Silicon (except for AAX) architecture
Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Supported Operating Systems
With the Installation Manager you can select, download & install all the Plugin Alliance products. Select any and all formats you need for your system! Mac & PC.
Ampeg B15N - Changelog
Version 1.4.1 (Jun 28, 2022)
- General: Fixed potential blacklisting of VST2 on Windows
- General: Fixed potential crashes on Windows
- General: Fixed processing being Mono with VST2 in FL Studio
- General: Fixed value readouts not being present when clicking knob
Version 1.4 (Mar 15, 2022)
- General: added native Apple Silicon compatibility for VST3, VST2 and AU
- General: added macOS Monterey support
- General: added Windows 11 and Windows 10 21H1 support
- General: discontinued Windows 7 support
- General: discontinued macOS 10.9 and 10.11 support
- General: fixed metering behavior in block sizes of 2048 samples and higher
Version 1.3 (Mar 22, 2021)
- General: Compatibility with Logic on Apple Silicon devices via the Rosetta-2 layer
- General: Fixed possible artefacts when freezing or bouncing tracks in Pro Tools
- General: Fixed automation highlighting disappearing in Studio One
- General: Improved license dialog visibility in dark mode
Version 1.2 (May 27, 2020)
- General: Qualified for use with the Windows 10 May 2020 Update
- General: VST3: Fixed potential hangs in a DAW upon loading
- General: Fixed logical issues in undo / redo behavior
- General: Fixed UI resizing issues in Ableton Live on Windows
- General: Fixed audio processing initialization issues on amp and delay products
Version 1.1 (Nov 06, 2019)
- General: Qualified for use with macOS 10.15 Catalina
- General: Qualified for use with Windows 10 November 2019 Update
- General: Fixed plugin validation in Logic under macOS Catalina
- General: Fixed preset name restore in Logic when reopening a session
- General: Fixed opening authorization dialog triggering automation
- General: Improved instantiation times for plugins
- General: Improved license functionality and branding for subscription
- General: Removed 32-bit support on macOS and Windows
Version 1.0 (Jul 31, 2019)
- Initial Release