Drum Roll Please.. Let the Bass Begin!
The proven expert of bass amplification, the original all-tube Ampeg SVT-VR bass giant, is now available in all major native and AAX DSP formats. Built by Brainworx from the ground up, this exacting emulation of the original 300-Watt amplifier along with its equally well known 8X10 cabinet, the SVT-VR was Ampeg’s ambition to create the, ‘biggest, nastiest bass amplifier the world has ever seen.” Throughout history, the SVT-VR has proven itself time and time again across many genres, with unrivaled power and heavy tones.
Get Your Bass On Demand
And now, you can join the ranks of Bootsy Collins, Darryl Jones, Michael Bradford and Chris Wyse along with thousands of other bassists who have looked to the SVT-VR for all of their bass needs for decades. The story of the SVT began in 1969 when Ampeg changed the game of bass amplification with the release of their Super Valve Technology titan. Featuring six(!) 6550 power tubes and a killer 8x10 speaker cabinet, the amp quickly became the go-to choice for all those seeking to fill small and large venues with a massive low end. The amp’s tone is equally effective across the frequency spectrum, delivering a roaring low end, punchy mids and a pleasant high end. The Ampeg SVT-VR plugin contains all of the raw energy and punchiness of the original hardware, bringing this bass bad boy right into your DAW.
Inside we have access to the preamp, the power section, and even rocker switches that offer the exact signal path, tone, and vibe of the original hardware. The SVT-VR is an absolute must-have for anyone that wants to get that classic thumping Ampeg bass tone. The SVT-VR runs with two channels spread over four inputs along with a 3-band EQ on Channel One and a simpler 2-band EQ on Channel Two. Our native version also comes with Brainworx’s well-known FX rack that offers a noise gate, power soak and pre/post switchable Hi-Pass&Low-Pass filters. The rack wouldn’t be complete without a great collection of recording chains that were crafted through a Neve VXS72 Console, using classic vintage mics, various cabinets and a selection of boutique outboard gear.
Whatever your bass sounds desire, the Ampeg SVT-VR is ready.
- Exacting emulation of the world’s most beloved bass amp
- Fully endorsed by Ampeg!
- “Ultra Hi,” “Ultra Lo” and, for Channel 1, a “Bass Cut” switch and a midrange frequency select switch for crafting midrange timbre around either 220Hz, 800Hz or 3k center frequency
- Record and reamp with maximum beefiness and unmatched tube tone of the SVT-VR bass amp
- FX Rack includes a noise gate, tight and smooth filters, Power Soak and a horn On/Off function for the cabinets
- 23 Recording Chains with multiple speaker cabinets recorded in a state of the art NEVE equipped studio
As a user of Ampeg for over three decades I have never gone into the studio without one, be it an SVT Classic, an SVT-II or an SVT-3Pro until now. Today we have gotten to the point where it is now… Read More
Ampeg’s are some of the most reliable and versatile amps on the market. No matter what kind of style or genre you are aiming for, an Ampeg is the perfect starting point!
BEEFY★★★★★You want that fat, nasty bass tone that cuts AND rumbles? This is where you get it.
Favourite Bass Amp Sim★★★★★This is hands down my favourite bass amp sim out there! I like to pair it with a Darkglass B7K driving into it (either the real one, or the emulation from Neural DSP). The saturation and tone… Read More
SVT-VR★★★★★Pure magic without a bunch of fiddling around to get there. Maybe 15 seconds to dial in a tone that sits in a mix to perfection. The only thing that's as good as this, only different, is PA's… Read More
Ampeg SVT-VR★★★★★This Bass Amp plugin is an absolute no-brainer!
The handling as well as the manual are foolproof and easily comprehensible even for beginners. The sound is simply fantastic, the options for… Read More
Supported Plugin Formats
AAX DSP, AAX Native, AU, AAX AudioSuite, VST2, VST3
Supported Operating Systems Mac PC System Requirements
macOS 12 down to macOS 10.11
Windows 11 down to Windows 8
Intel, or Apple Silicon (except for AAX) architecture
Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Supported Operating Systems
With the Installation Manager you can select, download & install all the Plugin Alliance products. Select any and all formats you need for your system! Mac & PC.
Ampeg SVT-VR - Changelog
Version 1.4.1 (Jun 28, 2022)
- General: Fixed potential blacklisting of VST2 on Windows
- General: Fixed potential crashes on Windows
- General: Fixed processing being Mono with VST2 in FL Studio
- General: Fixed value readouts not being present when clicking knob
Version 1.4 (Mar 15, 2022)
- General: added native Apple Silicon compatibility for VST3, VST2 and AU
- General: added macOS Monterey support
- General: added Windows 11 and Windows 10 21H1 support
- General: discontinued Windows 7 support
- General: discontinued macOS 10.9 and 10.11 support
- General: fixed metering behavior in block sizes of 2048 samples and higher
Version 1.3 (Mar 22, 2021)
- General: Compatibility with Logic on Apple Silicon devices via the Rosetta-2 layer
- General: Fixed possible artefacts when freezing or bouncing tracks in Pro Tools
- General: Fixed automation highlighting disappearing in Studio One
- General: Improved license dialog visibility in dark mode
Version 1.2 (May 27, 2020)
- General: Qualified for use with the Windows 10 May 2020 Update
- General: VST3: Fixed potential hangs in a DAW upon loading
- General: Fixed logical issues in undo / redo behavior
- General: Fixed UI resizing issues in Ableton Live on Windows
- General: Fixed audio processing initialization issues on amp and delay products
Version 1.1 (Nov 06, 2019)
- General: Qualified for use with macOS 10.15 Catalina
- General: Qualified for use with Windows 10 November 2019 Update
- General: Fixed plugin validation in Logic under macOS Catalina
- General: Fixed preset name restore in Logic when reopening a session
- General: Fixed opening authorization dialog triggering automation
- General: Improved instantiation times for plugins
- General: Improved license functionality and branding for subscription
- General: Removed 32-bit support on macOS and Windows
Version 1.0 (Jul 31, 2019)
- Initial Release