A new way to apply dynamic EQ
TOMO Audiolabs’ LISA is the only tool of its kind: An all-analog dynamic EQ, featuring a dedicated opto compressor cell for each of its 6 bands. This exacting model of the original brings a new way of applying dynamic EQ to the digital domain. Now you can take advantage of the character and workflow of this boutique mastering-grade hardware in the box.
Six bands of smooth opto compression and expansion
LISA employs a dedicated, modern opto compression circuit for each of its six bands per channel. Its program-dependent compression and expansion averages around a 3:1 ratio, or a selectable 10:1 ratio—both with a soft knee, and the option to change between slow, medium and fast settings for attack and release.
Dials in like an old school EQ, controls like a high-end compressor
With a layout reminiscent of the high-end Sontec and Massenburg EQs, LISA invites an intuitive, ears-first approach to sculpting your tone. Rather than simply applying a fixed EQ curve, the extent of your cut or boost breathes and dances along with your audio. With its proportional bandwidths, deeper cuts become increasingly more narrow and surgical, while larger boosts become tighter, more precise and note-like as they increase in intensity.
A perfect complement to the master buss, and selected individual tracks
This dynamic EQ was designed with mastering applications in mind, making it perfect for controlling kick and bass without reducing low frequency extension, or enhancing them without adding undue boominess to the mix. It can reduce sibilance in vocals or harshness in cymbals without sacrificing brightness, and even precisely target specific elements in the mix, especially in mid-side mode. Use the separate mono version of the plugin to elegantly reshape single instruments like bass guitar, drums and voice.
Parallel bands for more forgiving processing
Another unique feature of LISA is its parallel circuit concept. In the conventional series wiring found in most EQs, 100% of the distortion and rectification influences the signal path. But LISA’s parallel circuitry allows individual bands to be processed in similar fashion to a mixing console, enabling more extensive, more sensitive and more subtle processing. This makes it possible to musically apply extreme EQ settings that would not be possible with a traditional EQ.
Plugin only additions including the new “TX Drive”
As always, the engineers at Brainworx have added new digital-only features that would be impossible in the analog domain. In addition to regular favorites like the Mono Maker, Stereo Width, Auto Listen, Headroom and TMT controls, the LISA adds a new feature for the first time: TX Drive. This new parameter allows you to dial in more or less transformer saturation and character, separate from the other analog characteristics of the device.
- 18:59This is the most complex EQ I've ever tried- But so WORTH IT! #lisa
- 29:44Plugin Alliance TOMO Audiolabs LISA. How does it actually Sound in Mastering and Mixing? w/PRESETS
- 0:57TOMO Audiolabs LISA Plugin Trailer | Plugin Alliance
- 2:22TOMO Audiolabs LISA Plugin Playthrough | Plugin Alliance
- 18:23TOMO Audiolabs LISA Plugin Walkthrough | Plugin Alliance
- 22:56TOMO Audiolabs LISA: Talking transformer emulations and the all-new TX Drive with Brainworx
A new way to apply dynamic EQ
- Precise emulation of the unique TOMO Audiolabs LISA
- Independent opto-compression based dynamic section for each of its 6 bands per channel, switchable between compression and expansion.
- Includes two parametric mid bands, parametric low and high bands with a shelving mode, and two dedicated boost bands - plus highpass and lowpass filters.
- Parallel circuits allows for greater changes in frequency with more transparency.
- TMT — Brainworx patent-registered “Tolerance Modeling Technology” (US Patent No. 10,725,727)
- Six EQ bands with a broad frequency overlap provide optimum processing flexibility.
- Includes a separate mono version for individual tracks such bass, kick, snare and vocals.
- Scalable User Interface.
- Artist Presets to get you started on a variety of sources.
- New TX Drive feature acts like a "Headroom" control for the transformer model only. A new Brainworx innovation!
- Plugin only features include Brainworx’ Mono Maker, Stereo Width, Headroom, Auto Listen, a dedicated mono version, and patented “TMT” technology for enhanced realism and depth.
Lisa is such a unique plugin, in the short time I have been using it it has become a go to for when I am stumped on a sound that needs to come alive. Cheers to my family at PA for making some of… Read More
Tomo Audiolabs Lisa is a very powerful tool for any mastering engineer who takes pride and puts attention to detail in shaping the sound of a mix. It has a very analog feel and look and allows for… Read More
Lisa is a very powerful tool as a plugin as well, a processor that sounds great and offers very detailed sound sculpting. I’m excited to delve deeper into its possibilities.
The TOMO Lisa plugin is a game changer! It adds warmth and depth. I love the new TX Drive for additional tone. The compression for each band opens up a world of sonic possibilities. This is… Read More
Joost van den Broek
I love the options it gives you to do multiband compression and/or EQ in so many different ranges, still keeping the benefits of an analog device overview. If it is to just clean up your… Read More
Lisa is Awesome!★★★★★This will add a magical touch to any plugin chain. This is an incredible plugin! Adding smooth warmth and clarity.
I would appreciate more like this.★★★★☆Honestly I love it. I love how it challenges you to learn how it actually works - and if you do you can get mind bending results with this. I think PA did a great Job in choosing this exact piece of… Read More
Discoverd Need★★★★★LISA sweetens, thickens, or accents sound in a very polished way. It can be very transparent or aggressive. There is no other plugin I have that does parallel multiband opto-compression. LISA is a… Read More
Am I worthy?★★★★☆This is not as easy as i'd hoped to use, but consistently gives that "shiny, 3d motion" to a track. Really nothing else quite like it!
Supported Plugin Formats
AAX Native, AU, AAX AudioSuite, VST2, VST3
Supported Operating Systems
macOS 12 down to macOS 10.11
Windows 11 down to Windows 8
Intel, or Apple Silicon (except for AAX) architecture
Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM
With the Installation Manager you can select, download & install all the Plugin Alliance products. Select any and all formats you need for your system! Mac & PC.
TOMO Audiolabs LISA - Changelog
Version 1.0 (Apr 29, 2022)
- Initial release