- Unique De-EssersMost De-Essers perform frequency specific compression; the disadvantage of that approach is that heavy De-Essing can smear the upper frequencies, creating more problems than they solve.
The SPL De-Essers use a different approach: instead of compression, they use phase cancellation to literally reduce the amount of the offending frequencies, which produces a far more natural result. They also offer 'auto-threshold', using the same principle as their Transient Designer, allowing even low level sibilance to be detected and reduced.
For an added bonus, they offer Mid-only and Side-only options for flexible control of stereo tracks.
IMHO, the SPL Se-Essers are an essential tool in every serious mixer's arsenal.
George Piazza - Tomb of the Mysteries / Fly Mastering / Tabula Rasa
- de-yesssssssssssBoth of them are good....no great! I used the hardware version and this plugin is just as good. When using a strong amount of reduction, its still sounds pretty natural, high mids are not killed unless thats what you want (dual band)
- SPL De-EssersI own the original hardware, and for many years I used and preferred respect to others de-essers. The concept was innovative at time, and now I'm happy to use the emulation, that works exactly the same.
A must have!
- De-YessssssOne of THE definitive de-essers to own!
- SPL De-EssersI needed a good - and not too expencive possibility to reduce sibilant frequencies and found the right one.
You must not be an audio-engineer to understand this plugin: Just work with the method "trial and error" and you will easily find the position where the sibilants are removed without destoying the original sound.
You can store your adjustment and can forget all Troubles with Sibilant frequenzies.
- Spl desserSounds great on vocals and also spectacular on master bus.
- SPL De-EssersGreat sound and ease of use!. Good job.
- SPL DE-EsserRecently i had to mix a vocal track with a high amounts of sibilance. With normal eqs, even with a dynamik eq, the result was not satisfying for me. So i checked out the SPL De-Esser. This tool is amazing and works perfectly. Very, very easy to use and i does not change the sound of the recorded voice. For subtile results i also used it on an overheadstem to filter out some harshness. I can highly recommend this tool for every vocaltrack.
- Top TierThis is the best ITB deesser I've used—and I also own all of the usual contenders—it's incredibly simple to use yet superbly powerful.
Unlike other deessers which take considerable tweaking to reach what one would consider that 'perfect' sweet spot, this plugin can do that in literally *seconds*. I tested it on some very challenging material, and while other plugins would start to destroy the signal, this plugin kept it 100% intact and fixed the source far, far more competently. i don't even consider using any other deesser now.
Hats off to SPL/PA - amazing product.