- Gentle De-esserThe single band (hardware model) is so smooth, and produces no lisping artifacts.
The SPLs work by feeding back the sibilance band, out of phase.
This produces an effect unlike other De-essers, and is something worth demoing for your own ears.
As with all de-essers, judicious depth reduction tends to produce the most natural and pleasing results.
- SPL never lets you downSPL De-Essers work every time. On par with BSS DPR-402. Love them.
- Spl De-EssersThis is a beauty! It works great on vocals. It really does a great job of controlling the unwanted sibilances. Powerful product!
- De-EssersThe high quality of all the plugins. The sound of my tracks has changed a lot! Thank you!!! Super!!!
- De-esserThi* Plugin i* very *pecial and really kick* ar*e, Yuri @ Kinesound
- Unique De-EssersMost De-Essers perform frequency specific compression; the disadvantage of that approach is that heavy De-Essing can smear the upper frequencies, creating more problems than they solve.
The SPL De-Essers use a different approach: instead of compression, they use phase cancellation to literally reduce the amount of the offending frequencies, which produces a far more natural result. They also offer 'auto-threshold', using the same principle as their Transient Designer, allowing even low level sibilance to be detected and reduced.
For an added bonus, they offer Mid-only and Side-only options for flexible control of stereo tracks.
IMHO, the SPL Se-Essers are an essential tool in every serious mixer's arsenal.
George Piazza - Tomb of the Mysteries / Fly Mastering / Tabula Rasa
- de-yesssssssssssBoth of them are good....no great! I used the hardware version and this plugin is just as good. When using a strong amount of reduction, its still sounds pretty natural, high mids are not killed unless thats what you want (dual band)
- SPL De-EssersI own the original hardware, and for many years I used and preferred respect to others de-essers. The concept was innovative at time, and now I'm happy to use the emulation, that works exactly the same.
A must have!
- De-YessssssOne of THE definitive de-essers to own!
- SPL De-EssersI needed a good - and not too expencive possibility to reduce sibilant frequencies and found the right one.
You must not be an audio-engineer to understand this plugin: Just work with the method "trial and error" and you will easily find the position where the sibilants are removed without destoying the original sound.
You can store your adjustment and can forget all Troubles with Sibilant frequenzies.