The Millennia TCL-2 delivers the stellar, transparent sonics of the beloved Millennia Twincom in plugin form. The original hardware Twincom features Millennia’s “Twin Topology” technology, which gives users the ability to select either a full tube, or full J-FET/solid-state signal path.
Both the complete tube and solid-state signal paths have been faithfully modeled in the plugin version. In addition, the plugin version provides the ability to process Mid (M) and Side (S) information separately, as well as a Dry / Wet signal control for each individual channel.
The plugin version of the TCL-2 captures the tone of both of these circuit paths, bringing the Millennia sound to the DAW-based producer/engineer. From the transformer-less signal path, to the lower, tighter gain and threshold structure, to its unique single amplifier design, every aspect of the original hardware has been faithfully emulated in the plugin version.
For the producer/mixer/engineer, the TCL-2 can be used for everything from ultra transparent peak control to some pretty crazy, stomped on and pumping compression effects. Mastering Engineers will love the precise control of compression parameters, the M/S processing capabilities and, above all, the stellar sonics.
Download the full function 14-day demo (no dongle required!) today and hear for yourself what the Millennia TCL-2 can bring to your mixes and masters.
- Two paths to perfection with Twin Topology™
- Stereo optical compressor/limiter with unprecedented sonic purity & integrity
- All triode 300 V vacuum tube signal path or...
- All discrete J-FET solid state signal path
- Both topologies are entirely transformer-less, high voltage, pure Class A circuitry
- Minimalist design for the purest sound:
Only one active stage in the audio path!
The TCL-2 is beautifully constructed and is as sonically neutral as anything I have heard.
The Millennia Media TCL-2 is an amazing dynamics processor. The subtle differences between the two circuit topologies allow me to be much more precise when choosing the appropriate character for a… Read More
I am the devoted owner of several of John Le Grou’s spectacular Millennia modern classics. The TCL-2 is nearly identical to the hardware and that’s a VERY good thing.
Love the sound of the Millennia EQ. It just gives that sparkle on the top.
As a second compressor on a vocal or my main compressor on bass, it's always in my arsenal. Like the bastard lovechild of an 1176 and an LA-2A, you get it all.
TCL-2★★★★★One of the best compressors on the market. An orchestra needs clean sounds and the Tcl2 offers a soft and clean sound to control the delicate orchestral dynamics. Great sound.
Great sound, but where is the sidechain?★★★★☆How about adding the sidechain feature? It will make this compressor even better!
Millennia TCL-2★★★★★I just love this plug for mastering. It's so real and goes all the way from punchy to complete smash within a perfect and predictable dial configuration. It's like you know what it's going to do… Read More
Top !★★★★★Amazing Sound ! Top as every product of PluginAlliance !
I use it by HDX Dsp and I've subscrived for Mega Bundle Yearly ,as a Top Recording Studio in a pocket ...
i will buy everything… Read More
You can count on this★★★★★All comps from PA are great. However when I look back I used this one most often over the years, especially for mastering job, across all genres and styles. I think that speaks a lot. Very natural,… Read More
Supported Plugin Formats
AAX DSP, AAX Native, AU, AAX AudioSuite, VST2, VST3
Supported Operating Systems
macOS 12 down to macOS 10.11
Windows 11 down to Windows 8
Intel, or Apple Silicon (except for AAX) architecture
Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM
With the Installation Manager you can select, download & install all the Plugin Alliance products. Select any and all formats you need for your system! Mac & PC.
Millennia TCL-2 - Changelog
Version 1.10.1 (Jun 28, 2022)
- General: Fixed potential blacklisting of VST2 on Windows
- General: Fixed potential crashes on Windows
- General: Fixed processing being Mono with VST2 in FL Studio
- General: Fixed value readouts not being present when clicking knob
Version 1.10 (Mar 15, 2022)
- General: added native Apple Silicon compatibility for VST3, VST2 and AU
- General: added macOS Monterey support
- General: added Windows 11 and Windows 10 21H1 support
- General: discontinued Windows 7 support
- General: discontinued macOS 10.9 and 10.11 support
- General: fixed metering behavior in block sizes of 2048 samples and higher
Version 1.9 (Mar 22, 2021)
- General: Compatibility with Logic on Apple Silicon devices via the Rosetta-2 layer
- General: Fixed possible artefacts when freezing or bouncing tracks in Pro Tools
- General: Fixed automation highlighting disappearing in Studio One
- General: Improved license dialog visibility in dark mode
Version 1.8 (May 27, 2020)
- General: Qualified for use with the Windows 10 May 2020 Update
- General: VST3: Fixed potential hangs in a DAW upon loading
- General: Fixed logical issues in undo / redo behavior
- General: Fixed UI resizing issues in Ableton Live on Windows
- General: Fixed audio processing initialization issues on amp and delay products
Version 1.7 (Nov 06, 2019)
- General: Qualified for use with macOS 10.15 Catalina
- General: Qualified for use with Windows 10 November 2019 Update
- General: Fixed plugin validation in Logic under macOS Catalina
- General: Fixed preset name restore in Logic when reopening a session
- General: Fixed opening authorization dialog triggering automation
- General: Improved instantiation times for plugins
- General: Improved license functionality and branding for subscription
- General: Removed 32-bit support on macOS and Windows
- Fixed meters and compression recall issue
Version 1.6 (Jul 10, 2019)
- General: macOS 10.14.5 Update compatibility
- General: Windows 10 1903 Update compatibility
- General: Fixed activation issue in Windows hosts set to non-English language (e.g. Cakewalk)
- General: AU: Fixed issue with increased CPU and memory on reopening UI
- General: VST3: Fixed issue with adapting to host knob mode, and now prioritizing linear
- General: VST3: Fixed issue with VST3 preset permissions
- General: VST3: Improved synchronization between parameter states and some UI functions, e.g. toolbar reset
Version 1.5 (Nov 16, 2018)
- General: macOS Mojave compatibility
- General: Windows October 2018 update compatibility
- General: adding Windows High DPI support for VST2/3 plugins
- General: Fixed potential crashes in Cubase and other VST2 / VST3 DAWs
- General: Fixed potential CPU spikes and audio dropouts
- General: Fixed rendering in Pro Tools on the start of a session
- General: Fixed missing presets in Wavelab and other VST3 DAWs
- General: Improving keyboard control, fixing issues with catched keys preventing it from passing through to DAW
- General: Fixed parallel use of host sessions (e.g. with Live)
Version 1.4 (May 24, 2018)
- General: Microsoft Windows Redstone 4 compatibility
- General: Added computer keyboard control for plugin parameters
- General: Fixed Mouse scroll wheel not working in Windows 8
- General: Fixed an issue where plugins will not validate or load after a certain amount of plugins have been loaded (Windows)
- General: Fixed visual GUI freezes when adjusting DAW parameters, meters, analyzers (Mac)
- General: Fixed possible issue with Pick Pack licenses
- General: Small licenser stability fix
Version 1.3 (Oct 23, 2017)
- General: Mac OS High Sierra compatibility
- General: Fixed possible crash on online activation (Mac OS High Sierra)
- General: Fixed Logic Pro X not validating AU plugins (Mac OS High Sierra)
- General: Fixed CPU spikes and crashes with Cubase (Windows)
- General: Fixed bug that could lead to "AAE -6 error" in ProTools (Windows)
- General: Fixed crash with FL Studio
- General: Fixed crash when cross-opening plugins in various hosts
- General: Fixed crash when using mixdown in Audition
- General: Fixed crash in Final Cut Pro
- General: Fixed delayed parameter handling and crackling issues in Cubase with VST3
- General: Fixed bug where plugin settings were not saved in Harrison Mixbus
- General: Fixed bug that led to AAE error -9317 in ProTools when instantiating plugin
- General: Fixed bug where plugins did not render properly when "x ray" option is enabled in Sonar
- General: Modifications to factory presets were lost when reopening session
- General: Fixed mouse wheel behaviour with second monitor setup (Windows)
- Some plugins: Value labels do not appear every time when clicking on parameter in UI
- General: Faster instantiation time for plugins (Windows)
- General: Adding support for automation highlighting in Presonus StudioOne
- Fixed broken preset on Windows
Version 1.2.1 (Dec 20, 2016)
- General: Mac OS Sierra compatibility
- General: Fixed automation issues in AU and AAX
- General: Fixed license dialog use of special characters
- General: Improved AU preset support
- General: Performance improvements
- Fixed right channel compression becoming unresponsive (link mode)
- Fixed preset set
- Fixed meter response
Version 1.1 (Apr 1, 2016)
- General: Major UI codebase update
- General: Fixed possible crash when authorizing plugin
- General: Added gain reduction meter support for StudioOne 3
- General: Installers show version info in Windows "Programs And Features"
Version 1.0.4 (Jan 18, 2016)
- General codebase update
- Removing RTAS format support
Version 1.0.3 (Jul 18, 2015)
- General codebase update
Version 1.0.2 (Jun 22, 2015)
- General codebase update
Version 1.0.1 (May 27, 2015)
- Fixed wrong installation path for 32-bit Win VST plugin version
Version 1.0 (Apr 14, 2015)
- Initial release