A high end
The Suhr PT-100 is a stunningly refined and flexible take on the classic Plexi-style amp head, designed by master guitar builder John Suhr, along with influential guitarist and tone expert Pete Thorn. This exacting plugin emulation offers a huge variety of guitar tones from pristine clean, to delightfully crunchy, to screaming high gain.
Three high end guitar amplifiers in one
Channel 1 is voiced in the “American” style, delivering sparkling clean to lightly crunchy tones. Channel 2 recreates the approach of classic vintage British amp heads, but with extra gain available on tap. Channel 3 amps things up even further, providing an extreme high gain tone that’s thick and juicy, with rich harmonic overtones and nearly limitless sustain.
A custom FX rack for full control over your tones
The plugin version of the Suhr PT100 offers a complete tonal shaping solution thanks to the Brainworx FX Rack. With onboard effects, low and high pass filters, a noise gate, and a power soak circuit for coaxing extra power amp saturation out of the amp, the plugin is even more versatile than the original.
More than just an amp—a virtual recording studio with custom boutique chains
The PT100 plugin includes 120 impulse responses of boutique cabinets and vintage mics as well as of high end consoles, pedals and outboard gear, to give you studio-ready guitar tones instantly. It comes complete with presets curated by Pete Thorn himself. He agrees that “it really sounds and feels like playing the physical amp.”
A high end
- Exacting emulation of the original Suhr PT-100 Tube Guitar Amp, approved by John Suhr and Peter Thorn.
- Based on a 100 watt, three-channel tube amplifier head loaded with a custom. "Plexi-style" output transformer, four EL-34 power tubes and six 12AX7 preamp tubes.
- Channel 1 voiced in “American” style with clean and crunch modes, Channel 2 recreates vintage British tube amps, Channel 3 offers extreme high gain settings with nearly endless sustain.
- 119+ advanced impulse responses for modeling high end and boutique recording chains.
- FX Rack includes host-syncable lo-fi delay, noise gate, tight and smooth filters, power soak, pre and power amp bypass.
- Scalable User Interface (Plugin Alliance only feature).
- Recording Chain ON / OFF Parameter (Plugin Alliance only feature).
- Detailed Info for recording chains (Plugin Alliance only feature).
Are you Strat Player★★★★★If you are a Strat Player the go for this one, it’s hard to sound bad on it. 100% recommended
Massive Marshall Sound★★★★☆Great sounding amp, really gives you a Marshall sound, with a tremendous pick attack, not heard in any other amp Sim. Really great for heavy sounds, with great mids. The cons: as always the Brainworx… Read More
Very special amp★★★★★I own a lot of amps from Neural DSP, Nembrini, Mercuriall, STL... These something very special about PT100, it has a special, beautiful musicality.
PT100 Suhr thing!★★★★★Oh man this thing is great! If you want something that will do chimey cleans up to screaming metal, this is it. I'm surprised at the versatility of this amp. I bought it due to the amazing rock /… Read More
PT100★★★★☆This amp is a blast to play and makes the DI guitar from my rehearsal recordings sound great . I like to combine it with the Megadual .
Supported Plugin Formats
AAX DSP, AAX Native, AU, AAX AudioSuite, VST2, VST3
Supported Operating Systems
macOS 12 down to macOS 10.11
Windows 11 down to Windows 8
Intel, or Apple Silicon (except for AAX) architecture
Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM
With the Installation Manager you can select, download & install all the Plugin Alliance products. Select any and all formats you need for your system! Mac & PC.
Suhr PT 100 - Changelog
Version 1.1.1 (Jun 28, 2022)
- General: Fixed potential blacklisting of VST2 on Windows
- General: Fixed potential crashes on Windows
- General: Fixed processing being Mono with VST2 in FL Studio
- General: Fixed value readouts not being present when clicking knob
Version 1.1 (Mar 15, 2022)
- General: added native Apple Silicon compatibility for VST3, VST2 and AU
- General: added macOS Monterey support
- General: added Windows 11 and Windows 10 21H1 support
- General: discontinued Windows 7 support
- General: discontinued macOS 10.9 and 10.11 support
- General: fixed metering behavior in block sizes of 2048 samples and higher
Version 1.0 (September 3, 2021)
- Initial release