They say that good things come in threes… And they are absolutely right!
After the smashing success of BYOME, Unfiltered Audio is at it again with their latest creation, TRIAD. With the ability to split up the signal into three bands and apply BYOME effects to each band individually, this three-headed beast will put the rest of your plugins to shame.
TRIAD takes the huge possibilities of its single-band predecessor BYOME and brings a new level of control to the myriad onboard effects. In a nutshell, TRIAD is a three-band frequency splitter capable of processing the low, mid, and high frequencies with different effect rows. From multi-band compression to frequency dependent reverb, complex distortions to intricate delays, pitch shifting and a variety of modulation based effects, all of this and much is now a breeze to setup and control.
Even without adding any of the effects, TRIAD can be used a “flat-sum” frequency splitter with adjustable cutoff points. An awesome looking FFT visualizer displays the signal and allows for precise control over the band amplitudes and cutoffs on the fly. Well-crafted tools like 'Auto Cutoff' and 'Unity Gain' will keep the frequency distribution balanced between the bands, or even adjust the amplitude ratio without changing the overall volume. Need to hear something more critically? You can easily solo or mute out any of the individual bands with one click.
Furthermore, you can change the frequency splitting into a number of other threefold processors: Parallel + Serial, Mid-Side, Left-Right, and more. Many modes have a flexible Pre/Post row that can quickly swap positions from the start of the chain to the end, quickly turning the tables on your patch for rapid sound design workflows.
Speaking of rapid workflows, TRIAD features a unique “Permutation” engine that rotates the function of each active band. Do you have an awesome delay setup on your mid-band, but would rather hear it on your high-band? Simply click the Permutation arrows to hear it without destroying the rest of your preset. Many dedicated presets have been created by master artists and sound designers to showcase TRIAD's unique capabilities, from workhorse frequency splitting to the most advanced mid-side processor around.
Taking Unfiltered Audio's "Build Your Own Modular Effect" (BYOME) technology to new heights, TRIAD combines state of the art processing, versatile modulation, and dozens of powerful effects with a limitless multi-band workflow! With all the power of BYOME now in three dimensions, pick up TRIAD today to unleash the power of unrivaled multi-band processing.
- Flat-Sum Frequency Splitter with adjustable per-band gain automatically routed to multiple BYOME effect rows
- Mid-Side, Left-Right, and Parallel modes are also included for maximum effect routing possibilities
- Quick workflow features: permutate, per-row load/save/copy/paste, and an interactive visualizer
- Dynamic Spectral Snap feature allows automatic frequency cutoff balancing- the first such effect in the industry
- Individual low/mid/high band outputs are available in most DAWs, meaning that Triad can be used as a fully routable splitter
- Variable slope allows you to change from smooth band transitions to razor sharp cutoffs (12dB to 72dB per octave)
- Loads all BYOME presets
I really like the way you can create variations & modulations over the spectrum.
Audio Militia Studios
Unfiltered Audio manage to give you so much complex control in such an easy layout , Triad is a must for any Musician looking to create something truly original and… Read More
Jam El Mar
...This little PlugIn is a must for modern sound design. Throw some sound on it, go through the presets and you will be inspired & amazed!
WOW★★★★★I find it easy to deeply explore and nail down compelling and complex sounds and textures in very little time using Triad. The modulation and automation scheme is best in class in my opinion, super… Read More
Triad★★★★★What an amazing piece of technology. You can spend hours with this kit, creating and tweaking a sound. Great for sound design. With BF sales coming, you should snap it up.
the most fun i've ever had with a plugin★★★★★this thing is endlessly inspiring. i'm a big ableton/max user and i've gotten spoiled by things being modular, so this fits right in with my needs. the GUI is intuitive and inspiring.
triad… Read More
Triad★★★★★Absolutely great. Whether it comes to some more subtle saturation on the high end or sound destroying multi-effects this thing has it all. I use it all the time
Triad is deep★★★★★Multi band multi FX mayhem.
So much you can do with this plug in and it sounds good....money well spent for me...TY
Supported Plugin Formats
AAX Native, AU, VST2, VST3
Supported Operating Systems
macOS 12 down to macOS 10.11
Windows 11 down to Windows 8
Intel or Apple Silicon architecture
Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM
With the Installation Manager you can select, download & install all the Plugin Alliance products. Select any and all formats you need for your system! Mac & PC.
Unfiltered Audio TRIAD - Changelog
Version 1.3.5 (Apr 03, 2023)
- Fix critical bug where delays and reverbs were producing silence.
Version 1.3.4 (Mar 16, 2023)
- Add AAX ARM support for Apple Silicon.
Version 1.3.3 (December 21, 2022)
- Fix preset change crashing on Ventura
Version 1.3.2 (Dec 13, 2022)
- Fixes for some cable behaviors that changed between JUCE updates.
- Update credits page.
- Performance improvements.
Version 1.3.0 (Mar 30, 2022)
- added Apple Silicon support
Version 1.1.3 (Sep 3, 2020)
-fixed a pop sound when opening the UI
Version 1.1.2 (Apr 7, 2020)
-Fixed crash when temporarily unloading plugin in Logic
-Fixed crash issues with GigPerformer.
-Fixed rare Windows crash when deleting plugin in VCV and REAPER (potentially other DAWs)
Version 1.1 (02/18/2020)
- Crash fixes
- Fixed Input Follower sidechain state save bug
- Added randomization depth and drift control to right click menu
- On Windows: Hold Shift to use scroll wheel for horizontal scrolling
- Add ability to save the current interface size as default for new instances, or to reset the current interface size to the original dimensions
- Fix AD Envelope Tilt pops
- Dynamic width (Horizontal resizing changes width, vertical resizing changes zoom)
Version 1.0 (June, 7 2019)
- Initial release