- UniqueI've enjoyed using this to manipulate samples. Sometimes a sample source just doesn't have the same sonic characteristics as the project it's being used in, but the sample doesn't need any extreme changes. In those cases, this tool has helped subtle round off the edges and pull an outside sound into an existing mix.
- bx refinementGreat plugin. I use this subtly on trumpets on trumpets playing jazz or pop. It leaves the good stuff in the sound while reducing the ice pick in the ear frequency.
- bx_refinementFantastic plug-in!
Sometimes you have to thoroughly clean up many tracks in a mix, often because they have been recorded in an acoustic unsuitable environment and this can cause a general sound not very good. bx refinely can give a great help in this case.
It makes the sound very enjoyable right away. And even though the mix sounds good already, an extra touch with bx refinement gives added value to the sound.
- bx_refinementVery good Plug-in. Try for yourself. I'm sure you'll be impressed.
- bx_refinementI love bx_refinement. It's very very easy to use and can take any overcooked mix element and smooth it out so it sits nicely and becomes very listenable. I can have fat distorted guitars that don't wear my ears down and sound so much more appealing. And when the listener reaches for the volume knob to turn stuff up, as opposed to turning down something that is a little harsh ... then you know you've done your job properly.
- eliminates harshnessI have often looked for a plug-in that softens harshness in a track. bx_refinement does it better than anything else without changing the overall character of the music.
- Astonishing!This plugin is amazing! Really! That was a love from the first try. It saves me so much time EQing harsh frequencies. I can't live without it now.
- Bx_RefinementOne of the best Plug In´s I ever heard.A game changer in your mix Bus and also in Mastering. Absolut hand´s on and in seconds all will sound better for min. 50%.Warm and punchy and also cut´s every thing through the mix.Highly recommend!!!
- EarcandyIf you once get it you won't miss it. Glues perfectly like honey, deals with frequencies about 5k and has creative pumping effect for something like pads.
- Great analog sound in no-time!The bx_refinement can do wonders for you if you know how to use it. It's not something that you will be able to hear instantly on all instruments, especially if you have no access to a good listening environment. But I spent some time with it, and slowly, slowly, I opened up my ears to the magic of this plugin.
So what does it do? Basically, you can use it on mixes or tracks that have so called harshness in them which you find it hard to remove with an EQ. I use it a lot on distorted waves of sound. I enjoy spectrally transforming a piano into a wall of sound with freeze effects and different distortion plugins. These sounds can often sound thin and harsh, and bx_refinement can fix that, with the Damping know and the Saturation knob. And boost the Presence if you think the result is too dull!
I have started using it in my master tracks as well, to warm them up. Try for example to use a lot of damping, but perhaps only set the Mix to 20% wet, so that 80% of the original signal passes through unaffected. This approach has given me some nice results!
Definitely try this plugin, and give it some time. Now, I use it on up to 50% of my tracks in a mix! It's a great tool, easy to use, with some very pleasing results.