- 21:56ADPTR Audio - Metric A|B - Mixing With Mike Plugin of the Week
- 6:10Metric AB - Demo - How to compare your mix to other mixes | Plugin Alliance
- 7:15Using ADPTR Metric AB To Match Reference Tracks Fast
- 9:48ADPTR Audio Metric AB – Update 1.1
- 2:53Marc Adamo (ADPTR Audio Owner) discusses the concept behind Metric AB
- 1:29ADPTR Audio Metric AB - Trailer
The Metric AB plugin enables you to compare your mix to any reference mix with a simple click of the A/B button.
It is designed to provide you with a clear, intuitive workflow and unique analysis tools. Welcome to the new standard in mix referencing. Just put it on your master channel and switch between your actual mix and CD or iTunes mixes by your favorite engineers and bands, other versions of your mix, etc.
Drag and drop up to 16 reference tracks into Metric AB and take advantage of features such as instant volume matching, cue and loop functions and various monitoring modes. Playback of your reference mixes can be synced with your DAW to create the perfect workflow.
Get technical with more advanced features including multiple analysis modes (spectrum, correlation, stereo image) and industry compliant LUFS loudness and dynamics metering. With Metric AB on your master buss you get all the data you need about your mix and reference audio simultaneously.
Metric AB will play back various formats, like WAV, MP3, AIFF and FLAC! All from within your mix session.
Just put it on your master buss after all the processing plugins you use (limiters, EQs, etc.).
Metric AB offers professional LUFS metering, so it’s the perfect buddy for bx_masterdesk and other mastering solutions!
- Compare your audio with the click of a button
- Load up to 16 reference tracks in any format
- Set loop and cue points that sync with your DAW
- Five super detailed analysis and metering modes including LUFS
I spend a lot of time traveling & recording in random locations, so ADPTR's Metric A/B is great for referencing other mixes/songs when I may not trust the acoustics of my environment.
This plugin feels like a member of the studio team! It's helpful to have on stand-by anytime, but will also provide much-needed navigation when your ears are getting tired. I've given this plugin… Read More
Joost van den Broek
This plugin is an extremely productive and easy-to-use tool that will be on my masterbus from now on. The plugin I didn't know I was looking for for a long time!
Reference is everything when mixing and MetricAB is simply the water in the desert, my go to essential plug-in for many years to come.
ADPTR Metric AB is one of the most complete tools for mixing my tracks. I love how precise the Spectrum and Stereo Imager are. I also like to use it once I receive a track back from my master… Read More
Wow!!!★★★★★I have never bought a more useful plug-in!
great plugin★★★★★very useful plugin that allows to you to observe your sound precisely
Wonderful analysis plugin★★★★★This is really my most used Plugin Alliance plugin (and I have a lot), but mostly as a metering tool. It's fantastic in this regard. It moves smoothly, which is very important, and the… Read More
MUST have M1 support!!★☆☆☆☆Without Apple Native VST3 support, this is just taking up space. Which is really too bad, as it was highly useful before.
C'mon, it's literally been *years* plural. Recompile your code and get… Read More
Matrix ab★★★★★Please....M2 INSTAL !!!!!!Thank you !
Supported Plugin Formats
AAX Native, AU, AAX AudioSuite, VST2, VST3
Supported Operating Systems
Apple: macOS 10.11 'El Capitan' through macOS 12 'Monterrey'
- Intel CPU only (minimum 2.0 GHz recommended)
- M1 Enabled Support: Coming Soon
Microsoft: Windows 7 through Windows 10
- x64-compatible CPU
Display Resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
Memory: 4 GB+ RAM (8GB+ Suggested)
With the Installation Manager you can select, download & install all the Plugin Alliance products. Select any and all formats you need for your system! Mac & PC.
Metric AB Installers
Adptr Metric AB - Changelog
* Fixed waveform calculation failing in Studio One 5
* Added OpenGL user setting for Windows version
* Fixed decibel zoom not working for some spectrum plot modes
* Fixed a potential crash during session launch
* Offline bounce now compensates for latency correctly (when graphics latency enabled)
* Offline boounce now passes A stream to the output when B selected
Version 1.2 (Feb 28, 2020)
- Added notarization support for macOS Catalina
- Fixed preset incompatibilities with 1.1.0
- Fixed default user settings being reset after launching a new instance of the plugin
- Corrected version number in plugin alliance Toolbar
- Settings window tidy up
- Fixed potential crash when validating the plugin in Logic
Version 1.1 (May 20, 2019)
- Fixed a host crash when moving files to a different location
- Fixed Metric AB crashes when starting playback of a song in Studio One
- Fixed Metric AB crash in Propellerhead Reason
- Fixed MP3s not getting loaded in Reference Track
- Added 'Presets' sub menu for quick access to user presets
- Added latency compensated graphics rendering option
- Added A and B stream master faders
- Added 36dB and 48dB filter slopes
- Added drag and drop track re-ordered in the playlist
- Added 'Organise Tracks' menu option
- Added 'Apply Current Playback Mode Globally' menu option
- Added infinite average mode
- Added current playhead position time readout
- Added cue and loop marker position time readouts
- Added 'Import Folder...' to load entire fodler of audio tracks at once
- Added frequency marker readout and cross hairs for mouse position on analysis graphs
- Added selecting B track toggles A/B button state
- Added large dynamics target PSR meter readout panel
- Improved compatibility with some MP3 files
- Filter parameters now exposed to host for automation purposes
- Cue points can now be clicked on the waveform overview
- Latch mode playback now starts from the active cue point after a preset or session has been loaded
- Analysis metrics are now computed with loudness match gain applied
- Analysis meter hold times now settable down to .1 second
- Expanded settings and default preferences page
Version 1.0 (Sep 4, 2018)
- Release version