- 0:55AMEK EQ 250 Trailer | Plugin Alliance
- 9:26Koen Heldens demos the AMEK EQ 250 plugin | Plugin Alliance
- 12:29Amek EQ 250 - Mixing With Mike Plugin of the Week
- 1:40AMEK EQ 250 Playthrough | Plugin Alliance
- 12:17AMEK EQ 250 VS AMEK EQ 200: Two legendary EQ rivals| Plugin Alliance
- 19:50Koen Heldens talks EQ mixing tips & the AMEK EQ 250 with Justin Colletti | Plugin Alliance
Based on the monumental mastering grade EQ
The original MEP 250 EQs were among the first parametric EQs available. Legendary for their flexibility and sound quality, they are still considered among the best EQs ever made, and fiercely sought after even today by the best studios in the world.
A painstaking emulation of an ideal analog device
Just like the AMEK EQ 200, the AMEK EQ 250 plugin is inspired by the sound of Dirk Ulrich’s own analog devices, and one of his personal favorites: in this case the Sontec MEP 250ex. It’s a model that has been heard on countless hit records, and renowned for its sweet sounding top end and tight, focused bottom.
High end analog audio history in your DAW
The MEP 250ex is a direct descendant of the original parametric EQs created by the pioneers of this technology, made without inductors or switches for an uncompromising signal path. Closely related to the MES 430B EQs found in high end mastering studios, the MEP 250 style of EQ features fully variable controls to provide the freedom and control mixing engineers demand.
Made even more powerful with plugin-only features
Brainworx’ familiar “Extra Unit” adds features to this “holy grail” EQ that cannot be found on the original analog units. This retractable module includes Tolerance Modeling Technology, M/S Processing, Mono-Maker, Stereo Width, THD, Auto Listen for all five bands and more, providing everything you need in the modern digital domain.
Legal Disclaimer: The AMEK EQ 250 plugin was developed by AMEK and Brainworx using their own modeling techniques, studying the original MEP 250ex from Sontec®. Sontec® is unaffiliated with AMEK and Brainworx. Sontec® has not licensed any intellectual property for use in the AMEK EQ 250, nor have they endorsed or supported the EQ 250 in any manner.
- Emulation of the Sontec MEP-250ex inspired by Dirk Ulrich’s privately owned classic unit
- A “Holy Grail” of analog parametric EQs that provides 5 wide-overlapping bands offering 12 dB boost or cut
- Switchable low and high shelving EQs
- Continuously variable HP/LP filters on each channel with musical 12dB/octave slope
- Brainworx´s TMT inside: Tolerance Modeling Technology (US Patent No. 10,725,727) simulates channel-to-channel variances in electronic components for the most realistic analog sound in the computer
- M/S Processing to tweak the sides and center of your mixes
- Stereo Width control to expand or reduce the stereo width of your tracks
- “Mono-Maker” sums your low frequency content to mono for focused, punchy bass response
- Scalable User Interface
This is one of the best sounding EQ plugins I have ever used! The character it adds can make anything shine with little effort. It is incredibly flexible and I love what the THD does to enhance… Read More
The 250 does everything. The tight low-end and sparkling clean highs are a magical broad stroke mastering paint brush I will be using daily on my masters.
The ability to not only have access to, but also be able to load multiple instances of the industry standard golden reference of mastering EQs in my mix sessions is invaluable.
The AMEK 250 EQ has a nice combo of clean and dirty, wicked-sounding filters and a nice selection of utility functions. Great for individual tracks and the master chain. Highly recommended this… Read More
The AMEK EQ 250 is such a great equaliser to work with. I can achieve fantastic results with just gentle boosts, in order to open up my mixes. It quickly has become the secret weapon on my master… Read More
Amek EQ 250★★★★★Neredeyse bütün seslere kullanmak istedim en önemli mix aracım oldu.
5stars★★★★★such a great sounding eq, absolute great! unbelieveble value for the money
Solid Master EQ★★★★★I use it mainly on my master buss as an MidSid EQ. Does a solid EQ work in that function. I tried the AMEK 200 and I like this one better. Sounds fuller/rounder on the lows and very highs to my ears.… Read More
Brings the dead to life!★★★★★Able to dial in on hard to find frequencies very nicely! Excellent design and very helpful how it mutes the other channels when dialing something in. Very smooth sounding. Excellent plugin!
Amazing sounding EQ★★★★★I am really impressed with the 250 EQ! I first compared the 200 with the 250, since I really like the 200. They do sound different but can be used on many different sources. I personally liked the… Read More
Supported Plugin Formats
AAX DSP, AAX Native, AU, VST2, VST3
Supported Operating Systems Mac PC System Requirements
macOS 12 down to macOS 10.11
Windows 11 down to Windows 8
Intel, or Apple Silicon (except for AAX) architecture
Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Supported Operating Systems
With the Installation Manager you can select, download & install all the Plugin Alliance products. Select any and all formats you need for your system! Mac & PC.
EQ 250 Installers
AMEK EQ 250 - Changelog
Version 1.0 (Aug 11, 2022)
- Initial release