Rupert Neve-designed analog sound with an incredible feature set
Released at the turn of the millennium with the slogan “Artistry in Analogue”, the Rupert Neve-Designed Amek 9098i Master Console was one of the highest achievements in analog console design.Now, with the release of the bx_console Amek 9099, it has become one of Brainworx’ most coveted and fully-featured console plugins.
Musical EQs with comprehensive dynamic control
The Amek 9099 has the kind of EQ you’d expect from a Rupert Neve design, with wide, musical curves, capable of tightening up enough to give you the precision you need without ever sounding “bad”. The dynamics section goes even further than the norm, with a fully variable expander, gate, compressor and limiter, complete with extremely flexible sidechain capabilities.
Unique features not found in other consoles
The original Amek 9098i was dotted with features not commonly found in analog consoles of its day. The EQ shelves feature a “Sheen” and “Glow” mode for even smoother boosts and cuts, while the parametric bands include a “Notch” mode for even more precise cuts. A unique “Ambience” switch in the dynamics section lets you easily hear exactly what your compressor is doing. And, the onboard EQ can operate as a fully parametric dynamics sidechain filter for even more precise control of your compressor and limiter.
More features than any other bx_console plugin
The engineers at Brainworx improved on a good by adding parameters not found on the original hardware: including a special “Clip” function to the limiter for super fast and smooth soft clipping; a new fully-functional expander/gate with its own sidechain filter, reminiscent of the classic Drawmer gates; and for the first time ever in a bx_console plugin, onboard Mono Maker, Stereo Width and Auto Listen control.
Powered by Tolerance Modeling Technology (TMT)
Like every plugin in the bx_console line, the Amek 9099uses Brainworx patented TMT design, to more accurately emulate the performance and behavior of a real analog console. Modeled after Dirk Ulrich’s own favorite Amek strips, each channel is emulated at the component level to provide subtle channel-to-channel variances for greater dimension, width and depth, just like a real analog console.
- 1:00Brainworx - bx_console AMEK 9099 - Trailer | Plugin Alliance
- 5:40Brainworx - bx_console AMEK 9099 - Demo | Plugin Alliance
- 14:21Brainworx - bx_console AMEK 9099 - Walkthrough | Plugin Alliance
- 43:33Mixing Masterclass: Film Score Mixing & Composing with Tom Holkenborg (aka Junkie XL) [MixCon 2021]
- 2:33Brainworx - bx_console AMEK 9099 | Drums Playthrough
- 8:30Brainworx - TMT Explained - Dirk Ulrich | Plugin Alliance
- 25:22Brainworx - bx_console AMEK 9099 - Dirk Ulrich Interview | Plugin Alliance
- 1:14Brainworx - bx_console AMEK 9099 - Dark Skin Playthrough | Plugin Alliance
- 1:09Brainworx - bx_console AMEK 9099 - Playthrough 1 | Plugin Alliance
- 1:14Brainworx - bx_console AMEK 9099 - Playthrough 2 | Plugin Alliance
- 6:05Brainworx - bx_console AMEK 9099 - Interview - Koen Heldens | Plugin Alliance
- 54:04Why Doesn't It Null? bx_console Amek 9099
- 21:31BX Amek 9099 - My Favorite Channel Strip of All Time!
Rupert Neve-designed analog sound with an incredible feature set
Brainworx´ most extensive TMT Console Emulation based on the legendary AMEK 9098i Master Console
Feature-packed channel strip including a Compressor, Limiter, Clipper, 4-Band EQ, wide-ranging High Pass and Low Pass filters, and a newly designed Expander/Gate
“Sheen” and “Glow” modes alter the behavior of the shelving filters for smoother boosts and cuts
“Notch” function on the parametric EQ bands eliminates problem areas without affecting neighboring bands.
Mono Maker offers control over low frequency stability by centering the sound image
Stereo Width for expanding or narrowing the sound image
Specially designed Noise Gate inspired by the legendary analog gear
Gate Key Listen for hearing the signal at the gate side chain input
Smooth & Auto Listen solos the frequency band you’re adjusting so you can hear every change in close detail
TMT—Brainworx‘s patent-registered “Tolerance Modeling Technology” (US Patent No. 10,725,727)
Artist Presets—Packed with professional presets to give you a great starting place for finding your sound
9099 has a couple secret weapons hidden inside! My favorite being the Gates listen function along with the High Q for additional lo freq love!
The low-mids of the bx_console AMEK 9099 are very reminiscent of the Amek 9098i console I’ve worked on years ago. One thing I always missed on the original Amek 9098i was dedicated dynamics on… Read More
I love this AMEK 9099 so much! It's an amazing tool, super versatile, and also fun to work with. I was digging into the TMT and it gives a lot of weight to the sound. It's like having muscles on… Read More
Maddox "MaddMix" Chhim
The AMEK 9099 is another Plugin Alliance weapon I've added to my mix arsenal. Being in the box and having the analog channels at my fingertips allows me to have the width you get from a real… Read More
I like the gate. I like the limiter. I love the GUI. The filters are crazy. Wow!
channel strip★★★★★This is my favorite channel strip. The appearance and features in it are very reliable for my mixing work. Thanks Plugin Alliance
AMEK 9099 console★★★★☆Great Great Console Pluguin. But shadows and reflections in VU meter are really annoying, one star less.
Best Console for everything★★★★★Super impressed with the sound and options you get from this Consule Plugin. It has it all. And sounds amazing. Our trick is using the Limiter with clip on, and then mix knob to taste , around 20%,… Read More
Game Changer★★★★★Took my mixes to the next level. Slap an instance on every track, quick EQ and dynamics. Mixes have so much character, clarity, and depth.
Attitude and Elegance★★★★★I am very surprised, it combines punch with a clear sound and harmonic subtlety. It is the most versatile channel strip and certainly essential from now on in my plugin palette. It sounds more… Read More
Supported Plugin Formats
AAX DSP, AAX Native, AU, AAX AudioSuite, VST2, VST3
Supported Operating Systems
macOS 12 down to macOS 10.11
Windows 11 down to Windows 8
Intel, or Apple Silicon (except for AAX) architecture
Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM
With the Installation Manager you can select, download & install all the Plugin Alliance products. Select any and all formats you need for your system! Mac & PC.
Brainworx bx_console AMEK 9099 - Changelog
Version 1.2.2 (Jun 28, 2022)
- General: Fixed potential blacklisting of VST2 on Windows
- General: Fixed potential crashes on Windows
- General: Fixed processing being Mono with VST2 in FL Studio
- General: Fixed value readouts not being present when clicking knob
Version 1.2.1 (Mar 23, 2022)
- Fixed a potential licensing issue
Version 1.2 (Mar 15, 2022)
- General: added native Apple Silicon compatibility for VST3, VST2 and AU
- General: added macOS Monterey support
- General: added Windows 11 and Windows 10 21H1 support
- General: discontinued Windows 7 support
- General: discontinued macOS 10.9 and 10.11 support
- General: fixed metering behavior in block sizes of 2048 samples and higher
Version 1.1.0 (Oct 14, 2021)
- fixed UI issue in limiter section when clip is active
- added dark mode
Version 1.0 (Jun 24, 2021)
- Release version