Excellent Tone Control and Character Enhancement
The Dangerous BAX EQ from Brainworx, is one of the smoothest sounding EQs on the market. An exacting model of the mastering-grade Dangerous Music BAX EQ hardware unit, featuring Peter Baxandall’s world-class 1950s tone control that has graced hundreds of millions of hi-fi systems. Use it to add brightness to your mixes without harshness, and craft a fat mud-free low end.
Filters as Smooth as Butter
Unlike a traditional shelving filter, a Baxandall shelving curve has a wide bandwidth that results in a gentle slope, natural sound, and minimal phase distortion. As a result, you can apply drastic boosts and cuts to a mix without introducing unwanted artifacts. The Dangerous BAX EQ provides you with access to a low-cut, low-shelf, high-shelf, and high-cut filter. Each shelving filter reaches deep into the opposite end of the frequency spectrum, leading to silky smooth processing.
Perfect for Tracking, Mixing, and Mastering
This EQ is a fantastic tool for tracking, mixing, and mastering music. Use it to cut unnecessary low end while mastering, increase headroom, and enhance loudness potential. Tighten up the bottom-end of drum kits by gently reducing the level of the Low Frequency shelving filter. Cut top end harshness while boosting the High Frequency shelving filter to infuse tracks with crisp airiness.
Various Versions Included
When you purchase the Dangerous Music BAX EQ, you're provided with a MIX and MASTER version of the plugin. The MIX version is a single-control version that processes both the left and right channels in the same way when you make adjustments. Meanwhile, the MASTER version provides two sets of filter controls that allow you to process either left/right or mid/side content independently. When channel-independent processing is not needed, reach for the refined MIX version.
Excellent Tone Control and Character Enhancement
- An exact model of the Dangerous Music BAX EQ hardware.
- 1950s tone control and character.
- Low-cut, low-shelf, high-shelf, and high-cut filters.
- Baxandall shelving curves.
- Left/right and mid/side processing modes.
- The ability to link/unlink channel parameters.
- MIX and MASTER versions of the plugin.
Dangerous BAX just sounds really bloody great to me!! Extremely straight forward, musical EQ - about as non surgical as they come . Gonna be using this liberally, I have a… Read More
Need some icing on your mix cake? This'll do it!
I LOVE this plugin! I own the outboard BAX EQ, compared to the plugin there is literally no difference! It’s just an awesome tool to shape single tracks and full mixes. Adding shimmer and punchy… Read More
The new BAX EQ plugin is amazing! It has found a permanent home on my mix bus, and the M/S mode simply takes it to the next level. You need this plugin!
BAX EQ★★★★★The most pleasant-sounding filtering in a plugin format.
BAX lives on the mix bus, and will never leave it!
almost perfect★★★★☆Add an auto-gain function (to all plugins btw), and I'll give it 5 stars!
The Best At What It Does...★★★★★Every so often another company comes out with yet another emulation of the Baxandall Low/High EQ, and they always have some shortcoming, most often in the retaining of definition of the low end, or… Read More
Classic★★★★★Smooth. Smoother. Bax EQ.
Great★★★★★This is one of the EQ's that hide for me in the mix and masters bundle, but now I read and heard what it does, it will become in very short time one of my favorites. If you want HiFi tunes, try this… Read More
Supported Plugin Formats
AAX Native, AU, VST2, VST3
Supported Operating Systems
macOS 12 down to macOS 10.11
Windows 11 down to Windows 8
Intel, or Apple Silicon (except for AAX) architecture
Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM
With the Installation Manager you can select, download & install all the Plugin Alliance products. Select any and all formats you need for your system! Mac & PC.
Dangerous Bax EQ - Changelog
Version 1.9.1 (Jun 28, 2022)
- General: Fixed potential blacklisting of VST2 on Windows
- General: Fixed potential crashes on Windows
- General: Fixed processing being Mono with VST2 in FL Studio
- General: Fixed value readouts not being present when clicking knob
Version 1.9 (Mar 15, 2022)
- General: added native Apple Silicon compatibility for VST3, VST2 and AU
- General: added macOS Monterey support
- General: added Windows 11 and Windows 10 21H1 support
- General: discontinued Windows 7 support
- General: discontinued macOS 10.9 and 10.11 support
- General: fixed metering behavior in block sizes of 2048 samples and higher
Version 1.8 (Mar 22, 2021)
- General: Compatibility with Logic on Apple Silicon devices via the Rosetta-2 layer
- General: Fixed possible artefacts when freezing or bouncing tracks in Pro Tools
- General: Fixed automation highlighting disappearing in Studio One
- General: Improved license dialog visibility in dark mode
Version 1.7 (May 27, 2020)
- General: Qualified for use with the Windows 10 May 2020 Update
- General: VST3: Fixed potential hangs in a DAW upon loading
- General: Fixed logical issues in undo / redo behavior
- General: Fixed UI resizing issues in Ableton Live on Windows
- General: Fixed audio processing initialization issues on amp and delay products
Version 1.6 (Nov 06, 2019)
- General: Qualified for use with macOS 10.15 Catalina
- General: Qualified for use with Windows 10 November 2019 Update
- General: Fixed plugin validation in Logic under macOS Catalina
- General: Fixed preset name restore in Logic when reopening a session
- General: Fixed opening authorization dialog triggering automation
- General: Improved instantiation times for plugins
- General: Improved license functionality and branding for subscription
- General: Removed 32-bit support on macOS and Windows
Version 1.5 (Jul 10, 2019)
- General: macOS 10.14.5 Update compatibility
- General: Windows 10 1903 Update compatibility
- General: Fixed activation issue in Windows hosts set to non-English language (e.g. Cakewalk)
- General: AU: Fixed issue with increased CPU and memory on reopening UI
- General: VST3: Fixed issue with adapting to host knob mode, and now prioritizing linear
- General: VST3: Fixed issue with VST3 preset permissions
- General: VST3: Improved synchronization between parameter states and some UI functions, e.g. toolbar reset
- AU: Fixed potential audio burst on first buffer
Version 1.4 (Nov 16, 2018)
- General: macOS Mojave compatibility
- General: Windows October 2018 update compatibility
- General: adding Windows High DPI support for VST2/3 plugins
- General: Fixed potential crashes in Cubase and other VST2 / VST3 DAWs
- General: Fixed potential CPU spikes and audio dropouts
- General: Fixed rendering in Pro Tools on the start of a session
- General: Fixed missing presets in Wavelab and other VST3 DAWs
- General: Improving keyboard control, fixing issues with catched keys preventing it from passing through to DAW
- General: Fixed parallel use of host sessions (e.g. with Live)
Version 1.3 (May 24, 2018)
- General: Microsoft Windows Redstone 4 compatibility
- General: Added computer keyboard control for plugin parameters
- General: Fixed Mouse scroll wheel not working in Windows 8
- General: Fixed an issue where plugins will not validate or load after a certain amount of plugins have been loaded (Windows)
- General: Fixed visual GUI freezes when adjusting DAW parameters, meters, analyzers (Mac)
- General: Fixed possible issue with Pick Pack licenses
- General: Small licenser stability fix
Version 1.2 (Oct 23, 2017)
- General: Mac OS High Sierra compatibility
- General: Fixed possible crash on online activation (Mac OS High Sierra)
- General: Fixed Logic Pro X not validating AU plugins (Mac OS High Sierra)
- General: Fixed CPU spikes and crashes with Cubase (Windows)
- General: Fixed bug that could lead to "AAE -6 error" in ProTools (Windows)
- General: Fixed crash with FL Studio
- General: Fixed crash when cross-opening plugins in various hosts
- General: Fixed crash when using mixdown in Audition
- General: Fixed crash in Final Cut Pro
- General: Fixed delayed parameter handling and crackling issues in Cubase with VST3
- General: Fixed bug where plugin settings were not saved in Harrison Mixbus
- General: Fixed bug that led to AAE error -9317 in ProTools when instantiating plugin
- General: Fixed bug where plugins did not render properly when "x ray" option is enabled in Sonar
- General: Modifications to factory presets were lost when reopening session
- General: Fixed mouse wheel behaviour with second monitor setup (Windows)
- Some plugins: Value labels do not appear every time when clicking on parameter in UI
- General: Faster instantiation time for plugins (Windows)
- General: Adding support for automation highlighting in Presonus StudioOne
Version 1.1.1 (Dec 20, 2016)
- General: Mac OS Sierra compatibility
- General: Fixed automation issues in AU and AAX
- General: Fixed license dialog use of special characters
- General: Improved AU preset support
- General: Performance improvements
Version 1.1 (Apr 1, 2016)
- General: Major UI codebase update
- General: Fixed possible crash when authorizing plugin
- General: Added gain reduction meter support for StudioOne 3
- General: Installers show version info in Windows "Programs And Features"
Version 1.0 (Jan 18, 2016)
- Initial Release