Dear Reality’s state-of-the-art algorithms have been a mainstay of 3D audio production for years. Now, their spatial processing treasure chest is available in an all-in-one plugin for your DAW: the fully featured dearVR PRO and it’s smaller counterpart dearVR MUSIC which is aimed at more traditional mixing workflows.
Say goodbye to expensive middleware, unwieldy software bundles and complex routing schemes. All the tools you need to create immersive spatial audio for music, videos, film post-production are included in dearVR’s powerful yet fast and intuitive interface. Simply drag your mouse around using the plugin’s graphical XYZ pad to position a track’s sound anywhere in a 3D soundstage — behind or in front of the listener, above or below their head, to the left or right, closer or farther away. Or use separate sliders for adjusting the sound’s elevation, azimuth and distance from the listener.
dearVR PRO provides 46 vivid virtual acoustic environments, featuring true to life 3D imaging and gorgeous sounding environments to place your sounds and then move them around in real time. Among the many selections to choose from are concert halls, car interiors, different types of rooms, a church, cellar, staircase, bathroom, booth, warehouse, arena, outdoor street and live stage. Each environment is instantly and independently recallable per plugin instance, letting you place each object’s sound in a different space.
The patented Clarity algorithms allow to minimize colorations caused by binaural rendering and to individually adjust an optimal balance between the externalized spatial perception and the overall tonal preservation. This can be especially useful for musical instruments and the human voice and is also paving the way for a barrier-free transfer from binaural to regular stereo loudspeakers.
dearVR PRO outputs the highest-quality 3D binaural and multi-channel spatial audio in over 30+ formats, ranging from standard two channel stereo, binaural, ambisonics and all the way up to 9.1.6. Dolby Atmos formats. With Dear Reality’s dearVR PRO you will easily meet all of the professional requirements for any spatial audio production.
Please note: dearVR PRO is enabled to be controlled by the dearVR SPATIAL CONNECT software to mix within VR and conduct each dearVR PRO track's position, level and room preset by hand-gestures.
- 3D Spatializer to position and move audio sources for immersive audio productions adjusting azimuth, elevation, and distance
- Multi-channel loudspeaker output supporting up to 26 loudspeaker formats, from 5.0, 5.1.4, 5.1.7, up to 13.1
- 2-channel Binaural format for immersive playback using any kind of headphones
- 4-channel first order (FOA), 9-channel second order (SOA) or 16-channel third order Ambisonics (TOA) output in either AmbiX or Furse Malham (FuMA) formats
- 46 virtual acoustic environments to choose from. Can also be used like conventional reverbs in 2D stereo mixes, doubling their usefulness for music production.
- Spatial rendering turns any standard mix into an immersive, true to life 3D soundscape with binaural, Ambisonic and Surround Sound playback
- Patented Clarity algorithm provides for an optimal balance between externalized spatial perception and an overall musical tonal preservation
- Adjust the size of virtual environments by balancing early reflections and reverb diffusion response. Change distance of walls, ceiling and floor to listener
- Realtime Auralization mode continually changes the delay times and directions of arrival for early reflections as you move an object’s sound around in its virtual space
- Occlusion control realistically adjusts the sound of an object being blocked by another virtual object in line of sight to the listener
I can count on one hand the number of VR and Ambisonic plugins that I actually want to use, and that list got smaller because dearVR just replaced three of them. It’s completely brilliant,… Read More
Gorgeous reverbs! Lexicon move over, more realistic spaces, detailed reverb tails and completely tweakable!
I never came across a “simple as that” surround plugin. dearVR creates stunning 3D surround sound spaces and I love it! With it’s onboard “Virtual Acoustics” spaces, It has a fairly new… Read More
dearVR PRO is my secret weapon to achieve externalization for binaural audio. Its unique approach to combining spatialization and reverberation in one tool makes an amazing plugin for working with… Read More
dearVR PRO allows us to place sounds, music and voices within a 3 dimensional space. It’s been essential to our creative process.
dearVR Pro★★★★★When we are producing ambient and soft sound productions, this one comes in. It gives my synths another dimension. The next one will be the dearVR Pro monitor, to monitor on headphones. Which is also… Read More
Una joya★★★★★El mejor panner para música en formato inmersivo, las reverbs son excelentes y tiene una gran facilidad de uso, es muy recomendable para realizar mezclas para VR o formato binaural
Very cool★★★★★Great one! I love to use it for drones and atmos.
Powerful Fun!★★★★★I was looking for a reverb to get my feet wet with 5.1 mixing. In about half an hour, I had footsteps crossing left-to-right in front of me in a stone church, a tram passing behind me outside, dialog… Read More
Surround with discrete audio outs!★★★★★Simply amazing VST. Demoed dearVR Pro and was convinced in no time. Been looking for a tool like this where it could give me discrete audio outs for multi channels instead of the phase encoded… Read More
Supported Plugin Formats
AAX Native, AU, AAX AudioSuite, VST2, VST3
Supported Operating Systems
macOS 12 down to macOS 10.11
Windows 11 down to Windows 8
Intel, or Apple Silicon (except for AAX) architecture
Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM
With the Installation Manager you can select, download & install all the Plugin Alliance products. Select any and all formats you need for your system! Mac & PC.
dearVR PRO Installers
Dear Reality dearVR pro - Changelog
Version 1.10.0 (Jun 02, 2022)
• Added Clarity Feature
• Added adaptive channel orders and speaker angles for Logic Pro
• Native Apple M1 support
• Minor bug fixes
• GUI update
• Minor and major bug fixes
Version 1.4.1 (Dec 03, 2019)
- Added support for ASIO guard in Nuendo
- Minor bugfixes
Version 1.4.0 (Nov 06, 2019)
- Multichannel feature
- Up to 60% performance boost in binaural mode
- FIX Reflection delay was dependent on block size in Ambisonics
- FIX Issues when placing dearVR PRO in the panner slot in Nuendo 8.3
- FIX where reflections did not work with performance mode and Ambisonics output
- Minor Bugfixes
Version 1.2.2 (Feb 08, 2019)
- FIX - only low-resolution automation for Logic Pro
- FIX - wrong latency was reported if ambisonic output was selected (Mac/Win, AAX,
VST3, VST, AU)
- Allowing 16x16 I/O to enable TOA in Nuendo (Mac/Win, VST3)
- VST3 category was changed to enable dearVR PRO as a panner for ambisonic tracks
in Nuendo (Mac/Win, VST3)
- Minor Bugfixes
Version 1.2 (Oct 12, 2018)
- Fixed automation can't be written via selection box in Logic
- Fixed constant distortion whilst automation is engaged
- Updated manual
Version 1.1 (Mar 05, 2018)
- Added support of up to 192 kHz sample rate
- Added higher order ambisonics in ProTools
- Fixed severe audio glitches
- Fixed host bypass causes audio to disappear; also causing playback head to no longer move
- Fixed LRCS passes audio regardless of license
- Fixed license showing NFR(-1)
Version 1.0 (Oct 16, 2017)
- Release version