Upgrades for existing V2 owners are available, please just check Your Account!
Developed by Paul Frindle, the developer of some of the most respected and beloved products in the recording history, including the SSL E / G series consoles, and the mighty SONY OXFORD OXF-3 digital boards.
The Dynamic Spectrum Mapper (DSM) plugin is intended to provide multi-dimensional control over both, the spectral response and dynamic characteristics of your audio.
The use of novel processing and program capture algorithms provides the ability to achieve exemplary results in common tasks such as program compression and enhancement, vocal expression and instrument characterization very quickly.
The ability to capture, modify and re-apply the spectral characteristics of your track is a powerful creative tool in all stages of the production cycle, from recording and mixing to mastering stages.
DSM V3 has many use cases, from matching tracks in mastering to evening out difficult audio tracks in a mix. It even serves as an amazing De-Esser!
DSM V3 certainly is a weapon in Mastering!
- Capture the signature sound from one track, and dynamically impress it upon a different track. The Dynamic Spectrum Mapping of the DSM V3 lends a more believable result than the conventional EQ matching method.
- Balance out individual tracks by capturing a perfect section of the file and applying it to the whole track.
- DSM V3 is not only offering compression but also expansion of your audio material.
- Improved workflow adding intuitive control for adjusting frequency curves.
- More than 3 times as many frequency bands as conventional multiband compressors, with particularly fine resolution in the mids and highs, where the lion's share of character and vocal timbre are formed.
- Proprietary Capture System uses both spectral and dynamic information to obtain a Threshold Curve. Thus, program compression, expansion and de-essing is performed with reference to a credible, authentic frequency response.
- Super-smooth, resilient compression and expansion. Large dynamic events and spectrally complex percussion are compressed with ease. Out-of-character tonal changes are avoided, even under heavy compression.
- Transients are kept intact, never smoothed-over. The importance of this cannot be overstated, and is where many "spectral" audio processors end up ruining your mixes. The DSM V3 always keeps the punch and detail intact.
- Mastering Limiter is 100% transparent below -1dBFS.This means the Limiter only processes the peaks, leaving everything else untouched. Again, all transient detail is preserved, even above digital maximum.
- Parallel Compression is easily achieved with the Dry/Wet mix control.
- Allows import of DSM V2 capture curves
- Developed as a completely new plugin, basing on the same processing as V2
New in DSM V3:
- All new Expand mode.
- Fully active spectrum sidechain input with source selection.
- Active Drag handles on Spectrum graph.
- Limiter and DSM dynamic processing can now be used independently.
- Improved signal flow for greater convenience.
- More convenient setup and curve store and restore management.
- Scalable GUI from 50% to 150%.
DSM V3 is an incredibly powerful tool that bridges the gap from highly technical to creative.
I found the DSM V3 to be a super versatile and smooth sounding tool. My first mix with it contained some unruly electric guitar. I was able to smooth out the tone very quickly and set them right… Read More
DSM V3★★★★★Best !!!
ProAudioDSP DSM V3★★★★★Wow,
seriously, THIS is the most underrated Plugin ever.
Insane dynamic compression without any bad compromises?
No unwanted coloring at all?
I can only recommend, try it for… Read More
an absolute weapon★★★★★They are right to call this thing a "secret weapon".
It is a mix balancer, de-esser, compressor, limiter, and spectral side-chainer all in one. A cheat code for mix downs.
The limiter is… Read More
Five Stars is Inadequate...★★★★★This was an easy review to write. I have an intense dislike for automatic/AI plugins, not because I have an aversion to technology, but because they tend to be heavy-handed, and/or leave me with… Read More
Amazing★★★★★Love it !
Supported Plugin Formats
AAX DSP, AAX Native, AU, VST2, VST3
Supported Operating Systems
macOS 12 down to macOS 10.11
Windows 11 down to Windows 8
Intel, or Apple Silicon (except for AAX) architecture
Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM
With the Installation Manager you can select, download & install all the Plugin Alliance products. Select any and all formats you need for your system! Mac & PC.
DSM V3 Installers
Pro Audio DSP DSM V3 - Changelog
Version 3.5.2 (Jun 28, 2022)
- General: Fixed potential blacklisting of VST2 on Windows
- General: Fixed potential crashes on Windows
- General: Fixed processing being Mono with VST2 in FL Studio
- General: Fixed value readouts not being present when clicking knob
Version 3.5.1 (Mar 21, 2022)
- Fixed incorrect metering behavior
Version 3.5 (Mar 15, 2022)
- General: added native Apple Silicon compatibility for VST3, VST2 and AU
- General: added macOS Monterey support
- General: added Windows 11 and Windows 10 21H1 support
- General: discontinued Windows 7 support
- General: discontinued macOS 10.9 and 10.11 support
- General: fixed metering behavior in block sizes of 2048 samples and higher
- Fixed distorted audio after rendering or changing the buffer size
Version 3.4 (Mar 22, 2021)
- General: Compatibility with Logic on Apple Silicon devices via the Rosetta-2 layer
- General: Fixed possible artefacts when freezing or bouncing tracks in Pro Tools
- General: Fixed automation highlighting disappearing in Studio One
- General: Improved license dialog visibility in dark mode
- Fixed inconsistent rendering / freezing results
Version 3.3 (May 27, 2020)
- General: Qualified for use with the Windows 10 May 2020 Update
- General: VST3: Fixed potential hangs in a DAW upon loading
- General: Fixed logical issues in undo / redo behavior
- General: Fixed UI resizing issues in Ableton Live on Windows
- General: Fixed audio processing initialization issues on amp and delay products
- Improved metering behavior
Version 3.2 (Nov 06, 2019)
- General: Qualified for use with macOS 10.15 Catalina
- General: Qualified for use with Windows 10 November 2019 Update
- General: Fixed plugin validation in Logic under macOS Catalina
- General: Fixed preset name restore in Logic when reopening a session
- General: Fixed opening authorization dialog triggering automation
- General: Improved instantiation times for plugins
- General: Improved license functionality and branding for subscription
- General: Removed 32-bit support on macOS and Windows
- Fixed preset management categories not being sorted
- Fixed possible issues with preset management and plugin states
- Fixed possible unresponsiveness when creating a new preset
Version 3.1 (Jul 10, 2019)
- General: macOS 10.14.5 Update compatibility
- General: Windows 10 1903 Update compatibility
- General: Fixed activation issue in Windows hosts set to non-English language (e.g. Cakewalk)
- General: AU: Fixed issue with increased CPU and memory on reopening UI
- General: VST3: Fixed issue with adapting to host knob mode, and now prioritizing linear
- General: VST3: Fixed issue with VST3 preset permissions
- General: VST3: Improved synchronization between parameter states and some UI functions, e.g. toolbar reset
Version 3.0 (Apr 11, 2019)
- Initial release