Threshold-Independent Dynamics Processing
A compressor is a threshold-dependent device, meaning it only reduces the level of a signal when it breaches the compressor's threshold level. Unfortunately, if you wanted to take the edge off all the peaks of a jazz drummer's dynamic snare recording, a compressor would apply more gain reduction to loud transients than quiet transients. However, thanks to SPL's Differential Envelope Technology, you can consistently sculpt the volume envelope of transients, regardless of their peak level.
Extensive Control With Just Two Knobs
Instead of attempting to dial in a compressor's threshold, hold time, and various other settings, all you need to focus on is the SPL Transient Designer Plus's Attack and Sustain knobs. The Attack knob amplifies or attenuates the initial part of transients, while the Sustain knob amplifies or attenuates the tail-end of transients. There's also a Sidechain Filter that rejects parts of a signal to prevent them from being processed, allowing you to target specific components of a drum bus—like the kick drum.
Mixing Drums Has Never Been Easier
Make trap drums slam harder, tame ringing snare drums, reduce excessive cymbal bleed into tom mics, and increase sustain on soaring guitar solos. Apply processing in parallel using the Parallel Mix knob to emphasize transients and then blend in the original signal. SPL Transient Designer Plus is also latency-free and includes a built-in soft clip limiter that reduces digital clipping. Regardless of the genre of music you produce, this plugin will help you streamline your mixing workflow.
- 5:23SPL Transient Designer Plus - Adding Definition to Kick and Snare
- 16:37Mixing FL Trap Beats in Pro Tools | AlexProMix.com
- 7:11Michele Canova Iorfida - Artist Focus
- 43:44My Favorite Plugins and Effects - Studio Time: S2E18
- 9:59SPL Transient Designer Plus - Mixing With Mike Plugin of the Week
- 4:03Introducing SPL Transient Designer Plus Plugin
- 26:33SPL Tansient Designer Plus : no joke !!
Threshold-Independent Dynamics Processing
- SPL's Differential Envelope Technology.
- Separate controls for Attack and Sustain.
- Process stereo track channels independently.
- A soft clip limiter that helps prevent digital clipping.
- Parallel processing functionality.
- Internal and external sidechain.
SPL Transient Designer does exactly what I hoped it would do and lives up to its hardware equivalents famous status . Super useful on the drum buss for increasing bite/impact ,… Read More
Sound is awesome, the original plugin version goes into a lot of my productions. PLUS version: I love the new parallel mix feature. I can crank up attack or sustain and just blend in the amount I… Read More
By far one of the easiest and most efficient tools out there. I am using not only on my drums, but on a lot of different instruments. I recommend the Transient Designer Plus to every… Read More
The TD+ is just fantastic! The SC function adds an extra level of power and control to your sound shaping. Love it!
I've been using the SPL Transient Designer since the hardware unit came out and the plugin version is every bit as good. Punch on demand, what more can you ask for!
Excellent★★★★★Not much to say, except it is excellent combined with NEOLD U17 for very appeasing tone and character.
Perfeitamente pratico★★★★★Uso Logic e o Enveloper nativo é proporcionalmente eficaz, mas a praticidade desse plugin e o refinamento do algoritmo deixa ele com grande vantagem. Além de controle prático de ajuste de ataque e… Read More
Superb!!!★★★★★Got this having used similar offerings - and specifically because I'm struggling with the vocal presence of someone I recorded in a church, where the sound I got wasn't quite crisp enough. This… Read More
Must Have★★★★★Outstanding plugin for drums. I use it in almost every mix.
SPL Transient Design Plus Nominated for 2017 TEC Award
Champagne corks were popping at SPL headquarters in Niederkruechten, Germany, as well as here at Plugin Alliance, when we recently learned that the SPL Transient Designer Plus plugin was nominated for the 2017 TEC Award in the category of Sound Processing Software (DYNAMICS/EQ/UTILITIES).
The original Transient Designer was one of the most popular plugins in the Plugin Alliance, and the Plus version, released early this year, is not only a major advance in realism, but provides an array of new features like a wet/dry mix control and side chain.
Congratulations to Alliance member SPL for this great and well deserved honor. If you haven't checked out the new Transient Designer Plus, find out for yourself why the TEC committee was so impressed by downloading a free, full function 14-day demo today, and stay tuned for more info on how you can cast your vote for the TD Plus!
Gearslutz 5 Star Review Award
"I have some other transient shaping tools, but Transient Designer Plus takes the cake. It’s easy to use, sounds great, and solves problems quickly. These SPL folks really know what they’re doing when it comes to transients." - Funkybot
Supported Plugin Formats
AAX DSP, AAX Native, AU, VST2, VST3
Supported Operating Systems
macOS 12 down to macOS 10.11
Windows 11 down to Windows 8
Intel, or Apple Silicon (except for AAX) architecture
Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM
With the Installation Manager you can select, download & install all the Plugin Alliance products. Select any and all formats you need for your system! Mac & PC.
SPL Transient Designer Plus - Changelog
Version 1.9.1 (Jun 28, 2022)
- General: Fixed potential blacklisting of VST2 on Windows
- General: Fixed potential crashes on Windows
- General: Fixed processing being Mono with VST2 in FL Studio
- General: Fixed value readouts not being present when clicking knob
Version 1.9 (Mar 15, 2022)
- General: added native Apple Silicon compatibility for VST3, VST2 and AU
- General: added macOS Monterey support
- General: added Windows 11 and Windows 10 21H1 support
- General: discontinued Windows 7 support
- General: discontinued macOS 10.9 and 10.11 support
- General: fixed metering behavior in block sizes of 2048 samples and higher
Version 1.8 (Mar 22, 2021)
- General: Compatibility with Logic on Apple Silicon devices via the Rosetta-2 layer
- General: Fixed possible artefacts when freezing or bouncing tracks in Pro Tools
- General: Fixed automation highlighting disappearing in Studio One
- General: Improved license dialog visibility in dark mode
- Improved metering behavior
Version 1.7 (May 27, 2020)
- General: Qualified for use with the Windows 10 May 2020 Update
- General: VST3: Fixed potential hangs in a DAW upon loading
- General: Fixed logical issues in undo / redo behavior
- General: Fixed UI resizing issues in Ableton Live on Windows
- General: Fixed audio processing initialization issues on amp and delay products
- Added scalable UI feature
Version 1.6 (Nov 06, 2019)
- General: Qualified for use with macOS 10.15 Catalina
- General: Qualified for use with Windows 10 November 2019 Update
- General: Fixed plugin validation in Logic under macOS Catalina
- General: Fixed preset name restore in Logic when reopening a session
- General: Fixed opening authorization dialog triggering automation
- General: Improved instantiation times for plugins
- General: Improved license functionality and branding for subscription
- General: Removed 32-bit support on macOS and Windows
Version 1.5 (Jul 10, 2019)
- General: macOS 10.14.5 Update compatibility
- General: Windows 10 1903 Update compatibility
- General: Fixed activation issue in Windows hosts set to non-English language (e.g. Cakewalk)
- General: AU: Fixed issue with increased CPU and memory on reopening UI
- General: VST3: Fixed issue with adapting to host knob mode, and now prioritizing linear
- General: VST3: Fixed issue with VST3 preset permissions
- General: VST3: Improved synchronization between parameter states and some UI functions, e.g. toolbar reset
Version 1.4 (Nov 16, 2018)
- General: macOS Mojave compatibility
- General: Windows October 2018 update compatibility
- General: adding Windows High DPI support for VST2/3 plugins
- General: Fixed potential crashes in Cubase and other VST2 / VST3 DAWs
- General: Fixed potential CPU spikes and audio dropouts
- General: Fixed rendering in Pro Tools on the start of a session
- General: Fixed missing presets in Wavelab and other VST3 DAWs
- General: Improving keyboard control, fixing issues with catched keys preventing it from passing through to DAW
- General: Fixed parallel use of host sessions (e.g. with Live)
Version 1.3 (May 24, 2018)
- General: Microsoft Windows Redstone 4 compatibility
- General: Added computer keyboard control for plugin parameters
- General: Fixed Mouse scroll wheel not working in Windows 8
- General: Fixed an issue where plugins will not validate or load after a certain amount of plugins have been loaded (Windows)
- General: Fixed visual GUI freezes when adjusting DAW parameters, meters, analyzers (Mac)
- General: Fixed possible issue with Pick Pack licenses
- General: Small licenser stability fix
Version 1.2 (Oct 23, 2017)
- General: Mac OS High Sierra compatibility
- General: Fixed possible crash on online activation (Mac OS High Sierra)
- General: Fixed Logic Pro X not validating AU plugins (Mac OS High Sierra)
- General: Fixed CPU spikes and crashes with Cubase (Windows)
- General: Fixed bug that could lead to "AAE -6 error" in ProTools (Windows)
- General: Fixed crash with FL Studio
- General: Fixed crash when cross-opening plugins in various hosts
- General: Fixed crash when using mixdown in Audition
- General: Fixed crash in Final Cut Pro
- General: Fixed delayed parameter handling and crackling issues in Cubase with VST3
- General: Fixed bug where plugin settings were not saved in Harrison Mixbus
- General: Fixed bug that led to AAE error -9317 in ProTools when instantiating plugin
- General: Fixed bug where plugins did not render properly when "x ray" option is enabled in Sonar
- General: Modifications to factory presets were lost when reopening session
- General: Fixed mouse wheel behaviour with second monitor setup (Windows)
- Some plugins: Value labels do not appear every time when clicking on parameter in UI
- General: Faster instantiation time for plugins (Windows)
- General: Adding support for automation highlighting in Presonus StudioOne
- Fixed bug that caused Waves LV1 Mixer to hang
Version 1.1.1 (Dec 20, 2016)
- General: Mac OS Sierra compatibility
- General: Fixed automation issues in AU and AAX
- General: Fixed license dialog use of special characters
- General: Improved AU preset support
- General: Performance improvements
Version 1.1 (Apr 1, 2016)
- Added SoundGrid support
- General: Major UI codebase update
- General: Fixed possible crash when authorizing plugin
- General: Added gain reduction meter support for StudioOne 3
- General: Installers show version info in Windows "Programs And Features"
- Improved EUCON pagetables
Version 1.0 (Jan 18, 2016)
- Initial Release