No other plugin has the comprehensive ability to manipulate pitch and time like Fault.
Whether used at mixdown to fortify weak tracks or in sound design to totally mangle instruments beyond recognition, Fault's applications are limited only by your imagination.
With over 100 factory presets included – featuring settings from contributing artists like Richard Devine and Scott Kirkland from The Crystal Method – finding creative inspiration with Fault is fun and engaging.
Seamless integration with ROLI’s latest MIDI controller hardware!
Medicine or Mutilation—You Choose!
Fault's schizophrenic personality can take your tracks in any direction you want: make boring tracks sound richer and more exciting, or take pristine tracks to the next level of frequency-modulated mayhem.
ADT (automatic double tracking) effects for vocals, more realistic than most doublers. Modulate an LFO—patched to the stereo Pitch Shifters—with a second LFO to create tape recorder-style vari-speed ADT effects like the Beatles used on their vocals!
Fault is indispensable for hard rock and alt-rock productions, too. Create heavy sub-octave effects on room mics to send drums to the depths of Hell.
- Over 100 presets featuring settings from Richard Devine, The Crystal Method, Mirrorball Entertainment, and Toby Pitman of Air Studios
- Artifact-free frequency and pitch modulation
- Unfiltered Audio's flagship modulation system provides eight freely assignable and fully automatable modulators with drag-and-drop virtual patching: sine LFO, sawtooth/triangle LFO, square-wave LFO, input follower, sample-and-hold noise, macro control knob, Step Sequencer, and ROLI Lightpad
- Mid/Side processing adjusts stereo image from mono to super-wide, and provides optional output in M/S for further processing
- Built-in soft clipper, anti-aliasing filters, low-fi sampling rate control and ring-modulator mode
- Randomize Preset feature - Get wild!
This thing has given me some of the craziest textures I've heard in a minute!
I’ve been messing around with Fault on my tracks, and I’ve been very impressed with its super creative processing. So far I am using it on drums, horns, guitars… It’s… Read More
Fault is an intriguing plugin because it offers an infinite amount of possibilities to create sounds that I would have never imagined or created elsewhere. I am always on the look out for… Read More
It’s like you recorded your sounds to a cassette tape and left it on your car dashboard in the hot sun until it got all warbly and degraded. That’s only part of what's so great about… Read More
what a thrill!★★★★★This is great on my synths when tweaking it with the FM modulation,I can create really interesting degraded sounds, or bring up something degraded to sound much cleaner.
Amazing Fx Plugin★★★★★Writing this review within an hour of buying it, this is simply the most exciting creative fx plugin I have used in a long time. It brings immediate flavor, color, and interesting elements into the… Read More
FAULT★★★★★Very unusual and creative effect .
Great creative effect!★★★★★Another brilliant effect from unfiltered audio!
very creative and great sound and modulation section...
can be usefull in any tool kit and genere i think.
a must for those who… Read More
I Use in wet/dry signal with bass, lead, atmospheric sound and percussive elements. Very flexible.
Computer Music Innovation Award
In 2016 Fault received the Innovation Award from Computer Music Magazine
Computer Music Performance Award
In 2016 Fault received the Performance Award from Computer Music Magazine
Supported Plugin Formats
AAX Native, AU, VST2, VST3
Supported Operating Systems
macOS 12 down to macOS 10.11
Windows 11 down to Windows 8
Intel or Apple Silicon architecture
Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM
With the Installation Manager you can select, download & install all the Plugin Alliance products. Select any and all formats you need for your system! Mac & PC.
Unfiltered Audio Fault - Changelog
Version 1.4.1 (Mar 16, 2023)
- Added AAX ARM support for Apple Silicon.
Version 1.4.0 (Mar 30, 2022)
- added Apple Silicon support
Version 1.3 (02/18/2020)
- Full Catalina support and notarization
- HiDPI support improvement
- OpenGL Removed
Version 1.0 (Jul 6, 2016)
- Release version