- 1:19Unfiltered Audio - LO-FI-AF - Playthrough | Plugin Alliance
- 7:01Unfiltered Audio - LO-FI-AF - Demo - MaddMix | Plugin Alliance
- 9:54Unfiltered Audio - LO-FI-AF - Walkthrough - MaddMix | Plugin Alliance
- 8:35Unfiltered Audio - LO-FI-AF - MaddMix Interview | Plugin Alliance
- 51:32Checking out new LoFi VST from Unfiltered Audio 😎
- 15:14Unfiltered Audio - Lo-Fi AF - First Look
- 29:16A SWEET New LoFi Plugin 📻 | Unfiltered Audio Lo-Fi-AF
The perfect plugin for when your other plugins sound too perfect
LO-FI-AF brings you on a journey through your favorite audio artifacts of the past few decades. Using impulse responses, spectral shaping, and other techniques, it conjures up the idiosyncrasies of everything from vinyl records and analog radios to MP3s, CDs, cassettes, cell phones and beyond.
Dirt, distortion and degradation from analog to digital
This versatile plugin does much more than other saturators and bit crushers. In addition to the tape saturation, vintage mics, and vinyl dust and pops, it recreates the sound of CD skipping, MP3 chirps, radio interference, and even the chatter made by a cell phone placed too close to a speaker.
Make custom signal chains with 4 unique modules
Each of LO-FI-AF's sections can be toggled and reorganized for a total of 24 different signal paths. Do you want to add some analog grunge before the MP3ification? Sure! Want to make it sound like it was recorded through a busted microphone, burned to a CD, and then scratched up? Why not?! Use it to add vibe and nostalgia to your tracks, or completely demolish source material into something practically unrecognizable.
Intuitive and easy to use
LO-FI-AF features a stunning new graphical interface by Papernoise, the designer behind some of the most beautiful music software and hardware around. Its intuitive layout makes all the features visible and available at once without overwhelming the eye. There are 14 skins included, allowing you to find the perfect color combination for your setup and style.
- Go beyond standard bitcrushing with artifacts and degradation from MP3s, CDs, vinyl, tape cassettes and more.
- A Convolution section includes impulse responses from broken microphones antiquated speakers and other special devices.
- The Spectral section creates pitch shifting, audio rippling, and MP3 artifact effects.
- The Digital section provides bit crushing, sample rate degradation and CD skipping effects.
- The Analog section mimics radio interference, tape saturation, vinyl noise, compression, and warbly motors.
- Rearrange the 4 modules in any order you like for 24 unique signal path combinations.
- Beautiful and simple to navigate GUI puts all the controls at your fingertips in an easily manageable way.
- A versatile collection of artifacts and processing not found in other plugins, sure to spice up your productions in new ways.
Maddox "MaddMix" Chhim
Unfiltered Audio’s LO-FI-AF is a modern vintage lofi plug-in that's dope AF! Behind the easy-to-use GUI is an intricate lofi signal processing beast!
Paul "Willie Green" Womack
In a world of beautiful sounds, sometimes you have to get grimy, and LO-FI-AF screws things up in the most beautiful ways. It’s got any tool you can think of to pleasantly destroy audio, and… Read More
This thing is groundbreaking!
Love how it can emulate the sound of old-school badly encoded mp3's, cassettes, and vinyl. I am constantly seeking out tools that can do this sort of thing for all my sound design projects, and… Read More
One of the best★★★★★So, I've been looking for a cool bitcrusher for a while, found out some good options and after some extensive use I can consider this to be one of the best bitcrushers/audio manglers available in the… Read More
Love it!★★★★★Another great plugin by Unfiltered. What a cool company!
from SUBTLE to TOTAL, be CREATIVE!★★★★★Yes, this plugin can do ALL you usual suspects for Lo-Fi degradation. But...explore it a bit using the Randomize dice, to find a bunch of paths that you didn't know you needed. Easy to be creative… Read More
Beautiful "Destroyer"★★★★★This is a beast of a basher! And it´s different. The combination of the different modules is awsome and it is a pool of a creative timemachine. You just have total control over a very flexible way… Read More
Your go to for LO-FIness★★★★★Another great plugin from the brains of Unfiltered Audio. Use it for creating nasty soundscapes and industrial vibes. A great tool for sound effect creation!
Supported Plugin Formats
AAX Native, AU, VST2, VST3
Supported Operating Systems
macOS 12 down to macOS 10.11
Windows 11 down to Windows 8
Intel or Apple Silicon architecture
Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM
With the Installation Manager you can select, download & install all the Plugin Alliance products. Select any and all formats you need for your system! Mac & PC.
### 1.1.9 (03/16/2023)
- Add AAX ARM support for Apple Silicon.
### 1.1.8 (03/01/2023)
- Fix for latency reporting causing issues with Cubase Bypass.
- Fix for effect ordering widget not repainting correctly on Ventura.
### 1.1.7 (02/01/2023)
- Fix DAW handling of presets in VST3.
### 1.1.6 (12/09/2022)
- Fix iOS AUv3 latency reporting.
- Remove hardware rendering on iOS AUv3.
### 1.1.5 (11/29/2022)
- Reduce CPU consumption of visualizer by reducing the maximum framerate and eliminating spurious repaints.
### 1.1.4 (10/07/2022)
- Fix visual artifacts. Effect processing order widget was not visually refreshing on project load.
- Fix issues with locks on processing order widget.
### 1.1.3 (09/08/2022)
- Fix offline automation rendering on fast computers.