NOTE: Keemun is currently not available via the PA Installation Manager. Please find single installers in the Download section below.
Like having a professional bass player inside your keyboard
WEDGE FORCE Keemun is an innovative musical instrument that recreates the sound of a professionally-recorded bass DI, allowing keyboard players to craft realistic and expressive bass lines all on their own.
Clean, high quality Bass DI tones ready for your favorite effects
Because so many of the most legendary bass lines in history have been recorded with nothing but a good DI input, Keemun gives impressively massive results right out of the box, with just a touch of EQ and other processing. But Keemun is at its best when it is REAMPED with your own favorite bass rigs and effects—whether physical or virtual—for even more unique and inspiring tones.
Better than sampled bass
Ordinary sampled basses have never quite sounded realistic because the harmonic resonances of a real bass are different for each quick combination of notes. This is why WEDGE FORCE built their proprietary “Synthetic Force Engine II”. It combines studio sampled waveforms of the world’s most iconic custom-made basses and recording chains with real-time synthesized sounds.
Capture a bass player’s full range of expression
Unlike other bass synths and samplers, Keemun synthesizes each note in real time, using algorithms that are carefully designed to preserve the original waveform’s timbre during pitch bending, sliding, muting, slapping, plucking, picking, pulling and pinching of bass harmonics.
Fast enough for live performance, easy on the CPU
Keemun’s sound engine has been optimized for performance up to the last CPU cycle to free up resources for the effects and synths may be running alongside it. Using 64bit double precision for internal calculations, the latency of WEDGE FORCE software instruments is close to zero—less than 1 millisecond—so it feels and responds just like a real instrument should.
- Create authentic sounding Bass D.I. tracks from your keyboard, ready for further processing with your favorite tools.
- Near zero latency responsiveness and low CPU load, suitable for live performance.
- Emulate finger-plucked bass sounds, including slapping and popping, fingernail picking and more.
- Recreate picked bass sounds with the option to change your picking position and picking pattern for authentic variations in tone.
- Variable String Damping: Mute the strings as much as you like from fully open to heavily. muted or anywhere in between, using the sustain pedal of your MIDI keyboard.
- Neck Play Position: Identical notes are available on multiple different frets on the bass neck and they all sound different: Use this function to choose your neck position across all four strings of the bass.
- Real-Time Note Detune: A randomized detune option gives your tone more realism.
- Release time and Velocity controls gives you control over the attack and fading of your notes.
- MIDI CC: Use the knobs of your MIDI keyboard to control Keemun's parameters.
Mendel bij de Leij
In my opinion Keemun is a very inspiring bass synth. If a metal head like me gets inspired by the plugin to write a funky track I guess the possibilities are endless.
Keemon Bass★★★★★Ich liebe es
KEEMUN SLAYER! (Kimetsu No Yaiba)★★★★★Yo. Ok. So.
I was skeptical but this is literally the best $20 I've ever spent on a plugin. (On sale)
Even if I only used it for scratch midi bass tracks it's still the best.
Totally awesome!★★★★★Bought this plugin on sale for $20 but it worth much more, super flexible and perfect sounding instrument. Amping it with Line6 Helix Native and having a huge sound!
A pro bass player?★★★★★Yes, it sounds like a pro bass player with the right amplifier which you can buy here also. I love the sound and are still experimenting, but because of the real sound I use Keemun a lot where I used… Read More
Supported Plugin Formats
AAX Native, AU, VST2, VST3
Supported Operating Systems
macOS 12 down to macOS 10.11
Windows 11 down to Windows 8
Intel or Apple Silicon architecture
Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM
With the Installation Manager you can select, download & install all the Plugin Alliance products. Select any and all formats you need for your system! Mac & PC.
WEDGE FORCE Keemun - Changelog
Version 1.0.9 (Apr 06, 2023)
- Keemun is now available in the Plugin Alliance Installation Manager
- Fixed the open standalone app links on windows.
- Miscellaneous bugs fixed.
Version 1.0.8 (Mar 19, 2023)
- Fixed corner cases around data downloads at startup.
- Added presets for VST3 in Cubase.
Version 1.0.7 (Sep 01, 2022)
- At plugin startup Keemun is downloading the sample data files (if not present)
- Added support for Mixcraft DAW container
Version 1.0.6 (May 18, 2022)
- Startup logic is made independent of online services.
- UI font quality is enhanced for HDR display.
- Installer no longer requires OS restart.
Version 1.0.5 (Mar 17, 2022)
- APP, AU, VST, VST3 are built as universal binaries (Apple Silicon + Intel)
- AAX is built as Intel Only
Version 1.0.4 (Dec 09, 2021)
- Moved to the AAX Library 2.4.0
Version 1.0.3 (Oct 15, 2021)
- Enabled native Apple Silicon M1 processor support (in all formats, APP, AAX, AU, VST3, VST).
- Letter ‘a’ after the version number indicates apple silicon while ‘I’ indicates Intel CPU.
- Enhancements in the VST3 plugin implementation.
Version 1.0.2 (Sep 30, 2021)
- Release version