Create authentic guitar sounds with the WEDGE FORCE Matcha DI guitar synthesizer and your favorite guitar amp plugins! Matcha >>> Pedals >>> Amp >>> FX = Realistic Guitar Sounds
Matcha is a unique and innovative musical instrument that allows keyboarders and MIDI artists to create powerful rock guitar tones that sound as realistic as any you’ve ever heard. In fact, it is so realistic that we encourage you to double your MIDI guitar parts, just like you would do when you record real guitar riffs!
Matcha is more than just a shockingly authentic-sounding guitar synth with powerful onboard tonal-shaping options though. It’s a professional musical instrument ready to be REAMPED into your favorite guitar amps. It replaces the guitar in a recording setup, but not the amps and FX! Pair Matcha with ANY of your favorite pedals, amps, cabs, and FX to get amazing tones, playable from your MIDI keyboard.
Having this potential for massive sounds at your fingertips opens new horizons for keyboard players and composers to enter the world of guitar sounds and effects. And guitarists will enjoy to experiment, combining real guitars and MIDI generated riffs and licks.
While Matcha can be programmed to sound absolutely amazing using MIDI, WEDGE FORCE’s core mission with this instrument was to create a software synthesizer that enables keyboardists to achieve the best possible guitar parts by capturing the nuances of live performances in the studio or on stage.
The modeling under the hood of Matcha is of another level compared to the norms you’ll find in other software instruments. WEDGE FORCE’s engineers quickly realized that sampled sounds could never sound completely realistic because harmonic resonances can sound very different for each combination of notes.
This led the WEDGE FORCE team to build their proprietary “Synthetic Force Engine,” which combines studio pre-sampled waveforms from the world’s most iconic custom made guitars with real-time synthesized sounds.
While pre-sampled waveforms can sound great whenever a single note is played, multiple notes can still sound downright unnatural when played simultaneously. This is where Matcha’s real-time generated harmonics enter into the mix. They are instantly synthesized in real-time for each note, preserving the original waveform’s timbre during pitch bending, sliding, palm muting, pinch harmonics, and more.
All of this is possible with amazing, lightning-fast performance too. WEDGE FORCE has optimized Matcha’s 64-bit double precision engine to free up resources for the effects and other synths you may be running in the background. And its latency is close to zero—less than one millisecond.
With Matcha, you can finally create realistic MIDI guitar tracks. Use it to compose new songs with mouse-click-perfect riffs and solos. Or play authentic and expressive metal guitar parts live on your MIDI keyboard. Easily enhance your productions with multi-layered guitar tracks. And continue editing your MIDI tracks after the musicians have left the studio.
- Pinch Harmonics: Blend pinch-harmonics into the main tone using the MOD wheel controller of your keyboard to make your riffs cooler, and your solos scream!
- Palm Muting: Create palm-muted sounds by holding the sustain pedal of your MIDI keyboard for that always cool “Dzj Dzj” Metal sound.
- Neck Position Mapping: On a real guitar, every note is available on multiple different frets on the guitar’s neck, and they all sound different. This is why Matcha adds the option to choose the proper neck mapping across all six strings for your preferences.
- Pick Hand Behavior: Matcha uses AI to predict the correct picking direction (up or down) based on the tempo of playing, neck position, and velocity of the previously played notes to select different samples for dynamic and realistic sounds.
- Real-Time Note Detune: A randomized detune option gives your tone more realism and dynamics within the selected range of cents. The authentic timbre is preserved by the algorithms during pitch bend, slide, mute, and detune operations.
- Attack and Velocity Control: Gives you control over the attack of your notes, and the velocity mapping depending on your playing style.
Matcha is a very realistic guitar virtual instrument with some very nice control and flexibility. I really like the muted sounds in combination with the harmonics that you can achieve. Also… Read More
Mendel bij de Leij
Using the WEDGE FORCE Matcha made me dig into a creative zone that I haven’t dug in before!
I am extremely passionate about this product. Re-amping its clean DI signal with guitar effects gives me limitless tone possibilities and inspires me to be creative in ways that were… Read More
matcha★★★★★Run this thru an amp simulation and it sounds great! Having loads of fun with this!
MATCHA★★★★★The only plug-in ever created for fast guitars chords overdubs. Insert it in-between some fx pedals and any Plugin Alliance amp sim for ultra realistic sounding results.
WF Matcha★★★★★I have now spent enough time with Matcha to say... this is a really cool, playable, intuitive instrument. I am super glad they didn't waste time trying to make their own amp sims, most of us have… Read More
Matcha★★★★☆This is a great plugin! When using amp sims, this plugin is spot on. As a keyboard player, I have one request. Allow us to change the behavior of the sustain pedal. In other words, as a keyboardist,… Read More
solution for guitarists in apartments★★★★★I'm a guitar player who lives in an apartment. Some tones you can not get unless you crack your amp really loud. Here is where MATCHA arrived as a miracle for me.
It is hard to believe that a… Read More
Supported Plugin Formats
AAX Native, AU, VST2, VST3
Supported Operating Systems
macOS 12 down to macOS 10.11
Windows 11 down to Windows 8
Intel or Apple Silicon architecture
Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM
With the Installation Manager you can select, download & install all the Plugin Alliance products. Select any and all formats you need for your system! Mac & PC.
WEDGE FORCE Matcha - Changelog
Version 1.4.8 (Mar 24, 2023)
- Fixed AAX Presets to contain the proper string damping values.
- Fixed the open standalone app links on windows.
- Miscellaneous bugfixing.
Version 1.4.7 (Mar 19, 2023)
- Fixed corner cases around data downloads at startup.
- Fixed Matcha to enable preset switching in Reaper.
- Installer background moved to PA theme.
Version 1.4.6 (Feb 24, 2023)
- At plugin startup Matcha is downloading the sample data files (if not present)
- Added support for Mixcraft DAW container
Version 1.4.4 (Mar 17, 2022)
- AAX is built as Intel Only
- APP, AU, VST, VST3 are built as universal binaries (Apple Silicon + Intel)
Version 1.4.3 (Dec 9, 2021)
- Fixed crash in alternate picking AI logic.
- Moved to AAX Library 2.4.0
Version 1.4.2 (Oct 15, 2021)
- Enabled native Apple Silicon M1 processor support (in all formats, APP, AAX, AU, VST3, VST).
- Letter ‘a’ after the version number indicates apple silicon while ‘I’ indicates Intel CPU.
- Small bug fixes in preset selection.
Version 1.4.1 (Sep 12, 2021)
- (new) Added EULA acceptance screen at first startup
- Fixed Matcha not saving preset settings
Version 1.4.0 (Feb 26, 2021)
- Intel Only binaries
Version 1.3.9 (Feb 14, 2021)
- Improved the sound of harmonics while pitch bending the notes.
- improved the names of velocity presets
- mute button now works to toggle the mute state
Version 1.3.8 (Jan 21, 2021)
- Contains Universal binaries for both Intel and Apple silicon (APP, AU, VST, VST3)
- Version string indicates the currently running platform
1.3.8i for Intel Mac
1.3.8a for Apple Silicon Mac
1.3.8w for Windows
- Windows binaries are now signed
Version 1.3.7 (Dec 10, 2020)
- (new) Reverse Mute option was improved to function as constant MUTE as well. This is useful for customers who would prefer to use only the string damping without the sustain pedal muting.
Version 1.3.6 (Nov 26, 2020)
- (new) STRING DAMPING. Physical modeling combined with timbre extraction from samples allows you to damp the strings gradually up to your liking from 0% (fully open strings) to 100% (fully muted strings)
- (new) Bump mutes are improved to take into account the note timbre for more realistic blending
- (fix) Fixed a crash in the built in audition player
Version 1.3.5 (Sep 7, 2020)
- Initial release