- OptoI head this one the first time. It lifts the dust and boxyness as if the audio went trough a real custom made tube amp. It makes a very analog warm sound. Not always my favorite to use it on everything but certain sounds.
- What a comp!Amazing plug-in! It may be not for all occasions, but it's capable of adding some sweet "colour" and musical distortion...
Last but not least, its "less is more" attitude makes it a joy to use.
- Amazing OptoThis has to be one of the best sounding algorithmic opto compressors I have used. I absolutely love the versatility of it. It can do everything from smooth LA-2A like compression to saturated tonal shaping. Highly recommended!
- AmazingThis thing is amazing. Truly, there are VERY few "tube compressor" plugins that I actually enjoy using, because they don't sound like my tube hardware units. I won't say this thing sounds "just like" a hardware unit, but who cares -- because it sounds GREAT. That's all I care about. Very colored, very goopy and true "opto" action - nonlinear, fun to use, and tons of great plugin perks - parallel, noise adjust, input pad, etc.
- Miguel GarciaI am using this emulation for to get fat bass lines and you know what..? This is Awesome!! Congratulations
- Acme Audio Opticom XLA-3I was attracted to this plugin because an optical compressor with timing controls and more is an unusual beast.The ability to go from clean leveling to vintage colour, the amp section and saturation controls as well as the wet/dry balance, trim control etc along with that musical optical response makes this a versatile unit.I bought this plugin, however, because of it's amazing sound quality.I have a lot of very good compressors that can smash drums and basses and make vocals shine, but when I put this one on the master bus of a rock song I thought I had mixed already, the sound blew me away! Using the preset "Master fattener" and tweaking the output gain to match the track, everything started happening. The sound was solid, the highs were sweet, the stereo imaging was fantastic, the bass popped out of the middle, the snare and vocals sang (no pun intended) and it all came together.I have a lot of great compressors that can smash drums, fatten basses, make vocals sparkle etc, but none of them can touch the Opticom on the master bus. I can tweak them to come close, but they can't do the magic in the same way. I'm not talking about compression, I'm talking quality. That "expensive" sound. It won't necessarily suit every track, but with rock'n'roll with a solid backbeat, this is hard to beat. Very impressed.I did have a minor issue with the gain reduction meter not working now and then, but that seems to have settled itself now and was probably due to my outdated system.I am very happy to own this great plugin and congratulate Plugin Alliance on another top quality product.