- bx_subfilterThis free little plugin is a major powerhouse! I just finished remastering a live performance video of a band I was in. The bx_subfilter plugin sweetened, smoothed, and empowered the bass guitar and bottom end without stepping on the rest of the mix! Easy to use; just let your ears tell you when you reach that "spot". Yeah, great little plugin. I love it!
- SubFilterfantastic free plugin - used on every session. one thing I'd love to see is a phase switch as I'll often use the filter to optimise phase between bassy tracks and I'm currently using another plugin just to do that.
- WowSimple and to the point low end filter. Best part it's free. It really adds punch to my mixes.
- the winnerMy new sub-bass weapon as always a great job of brainworks developers. I have other plugins that do the job but this one wins
- TopNo need to tell more about this Subfilter, it's really top!
Some people that did not tried it are like "yeah I can achieve the same with an eq, it just level up the lows". It's way more than that! I don't know how to explain properly, but it definitely add something more, and what a good something more!
An eq can't achieve what the Subfilter does. It add resonance, deep and warm lows ends. I can really feel its power and I feel way more satisfied with it than just using an Eq.
As an electronic music producer and mixing/mastering guy, I use it in the mixing stage for kicks and basses, and it definitely add what some tracks needs in the lows. It's all about feelings to me.
- bx-subfilter for freeAfter having used the demo of bx_subsynth on my explosion sound effects, I knew getting bx_sub filter for free was a steal. Thank you.
- SubfilterI cant believe this is a freebee. Thank you...
- Very usefulI found this really useful to bring out bass guitar and kick drums when mixing. It's really easy to find the sweet spot and the Low End knob really helps clear things up. With so few parameters it's really easy to use the plugin immediately without a learning curve. It's a one trick pony, but one that does it's one trick well.
Only real downside for me is the knob behaviour, which is finicky/annoying. The circular mapping is ill-suited to a mouse, which is a very different interface from a physical knob. Treating up/down movements as increasing or decreasing the value would be a lot more intutive and user friendly. It doesn't make sense that all the way up is 50% and all the way down is either 0% or 100% depending on which side of the button (left/right) your cursor is.
I noticed I'm not the only one who finds the behaviour unweildy - you can see other users strugging in demo videos.
- SubfilterHighly recommended and useful. This little monster replaces cleansweep (hi pass filter) restores the headroom and works great because of the fine tune and gain staging.
With high resonance setting there is a constant sweep if applied to an electronic kick drum which is very useful for some experimental music.
- bx_subfilter - Instant Magic!This plug-in is wonderful. It's given hours of my life back! It gets straight to the point and instantly works the magic. Both an enhancer or problem solver - no more time and frustration spent trying to get sounds to sit just how you like. This can toughen, give depth and fullness, richness and weight without squeezing the life and dynamics. This can take a push without any harsh, plastic sound or distortion. Another heavy weight yet organic and sweet tool for your arsenal!