- 35:04Michael Brauer on the Brainworx bx_console SSL 9000 J | Plugin Alliance
- 9:51Brainworx bx_console SSL 9000 J Walkthrough | Plugin Alliance
- 32:48Recreate the Unique Sound of the SSL 9000J Console!
- 41:23Ken Duro on the Brainworx bx_console SSL 9000 J | Plugin Alliance
- 0:52Brainworx bx_console SSL 9000 J - Trailer | Plugin Alliance
Legendary SSL sound character
The big, deep and clear sound of the Solid State Logic 9000 series consoles is now available through Plugin Alliance, brought to you by Brainworx. With the power of TMT this officially-authorized bx_console SSL 9000 J plugin allows you to mix on a 72-channel analog SSL console—inside your DAW!
SSL’s biggest-sounding console
The SSL 9000 J improved on its predecessors by offering extended bottom end, a more clean and open top end, and additional distortion-free headroom—quickly making it a favorite among the top producers and engineers who crafted some of the biggest pop, hip hop, R&B and orchestral recordings of the 1990s, 2000s and beyond.
Used on major hits from across genres
The 9000 J is SSL at its cleanest, most modern, and arguably, its best for modern production styles. This was the console design behind countless major releases from artists including The Black Eyed Peas, Usher, Jay-Z, Beyoncé, Aerosmith, Evanescence, Britney Spears, Madonna, Rihanna, Alicia Keys, Shakira, Santana, Joe Bonamassa, John Mayer, Coldplay, James Bay, Wyclef Jean, Nicki Minaj, Mary J. Blige, Yo Gotti, John Legend, DMX, Mary J Blige, Nas and so many more.
Created in collaboration with SSL and mixing legend Michael Brauer
The bx_console SSL 9000 J was created using the original schematics, and in close collaboration with the SSL team. But additional refinement of the emulation came thanks to legendary mixer Michael Brauer, who helped Brainworx match the plugin’s sound and behavior to the SSL 9000 J that he personally used on countless gold- and platinum-selling records throughout his career.
Enhanced with special features only possible in the digital domain
The plugin version of the 9000 J also adds on powerful features that can only be found in the digital domain, such as adjustable THD, a compressor mix parameter, and a V-Gain control for authentic control of the analog signal path. Michael Brauer and other top mixers have also helped create a rich menu of presets to help you get started using the bx_console SSL 9000 J plugin in your own mixes.
72 different (!) TMT Channel emulations in one plugin, just like a real console.
- TMT — Brainworx patent-registered “Tolerance Modeling Technology” (US Patent No. 10,725,727)
Switchable EQ modes between E and G-style filters.
9000 series-only dynamics features such as “peak detect” and expander/gate “hold”.
Continuously variable THD and Virtual Gain controls to add colorful saturation and/or simulated analog noise independently or globally.
Scalable UI to adapt to your screensize and workflow.
Loaded with plenty of useful presets to give you a starting place for finding your sound.
Refined with help from mixing legend Michael Brauer, who tested the plugin against his favorite SSL 9000 J console and provided feedback and notes.
The only true CONSOLE emulation—everything else is just a channel strip.
Featuring TMT (Tolerance Modeling Technology, US Patent No. 10,725,727).
Includes powerful presets created by Michael Brauer.
The bx_console SSL 9000 J was the missing link going hybrid and in the box. I have it across all my tracks.
Ken "DURO" Ifill
After mixing in the box exclusively for 15 years, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on the 9000 J plugin. The SL 9000 J was my console of choice for many years and a major part of my mix sound. It… Read More
Jeru The Damaja
Whether it's fat drums or a clean punchy vocal, you can achieve it with the SSL 9000 J. The bx_console SSL 9000 J might just be my new best friend.
Maria Elisa Ayerbe
I have been using the bx_console SSL 9000 J channel strip and I can clearly tell there are no capacitors in this emulation. It is transparent and there is lots of headroom! The low end extension… Read More
The SSL 9000 J channel strip plugin shines on all departments in my opinion. It’s the swiss knife for Hip-hop, R&B, and Pop mixes! The bottom has excellent focus, very detailed with depth and… Read More
A swiss-army knife but..★★★★★Love this emulation. Belongs to the top 3 consoles out there but that being said, being in the digital realm I wish the compressor had the option to disable the makeup gain. Sometimes I just need to… Read More
SSS Conc★★★★★Five Stars!
My pick for...folk style music★★★★★I never leave reviews. I have other console strips by Brainworx and others. This 9000j console can do it all(I have the amek and do like the stereo options).I use it for sparse folk style… Read More
wow★★★★★I have been playing for several years using emulations of analog consoles from other brands...this one really offers a lot of punch, warmth, dynamics and control and, which for me is decisive for the… Read More
Best Sounding Channel strip★★★★★I have never used SSL hardware and cant say how its actually sounds. But when I hear audio through bx_SSL 9000 J I just love the sound. TMT is such a simple concept but has a huge difference from… Read More
Supported Plugin Formats
AAX DSP, AAX Native, AU, AAX AudioSuite, VST2, VST3
Supported Operating Systems
macOS 12 down to macOS 10.11
Windows 11 down to Windows 8
Intel, or Apple Silicon (except for AAX) architecture
Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM
With the Installation Manager you can select, download & install all the Plugin Alliance products. Select any and all formats you need for your system! Mac & PC.
bx_console SSL 9000 J Installers
bx_console SSL 9000 J - Changelog
Version 1.3.3 (Jun 28, 2022)
- General: Fixed potential blacklisting of VST2 on Windows
- General: Fixed potential crashes on Windows
- General: Fixed processing being Mono with VST2 in FL Studio
- General: Fixed value readouts not being present when clicking knob
Version 1.3.2 (Mar 23, 2022)
- Fixed a potential licensing issue
Version 1.3.1 (Mar 21, 2022)
- Fixed incorrect metering behavior
Version 1.3 (Mar 15, 2022)
- General: added native Apple Silicon compatibility for VST3, VST2 and AU
- General: added macOS Monterey support
- General: added Windows 11 and Windows 10 21H1 support
- General: discontinued Windows 7 support
- General: discontinued macOS 10.9 and 10.11 support
- General: fixed metering behavior in block sizes of 2048 samples and higher
Version 1.2 (Mar 22, 2021)
- General: Compatibility with Logic on Apple Silicon devices via the Rosetta-2 layer
- General: Fixed possible artefacts when freezing or bouncing tracks in Pro Tools
- General: Fixed automation highlighting disappearing in Studio One
- General: Improved license dialog visibility in dark mode
Version 1.0.1 (Dec 11, 2020)
- fixed crashing issues during sessionload in Pro Tools on macOS
Version 1.0 (Apr 7, 2020)
- Release version