EQ with a clean, musical character
The original hardware museq from elysia used the highest quality analog components and optimally designed parameters to deliver a premium sound shaping experience. One of those rare EQs that is almost impossible to get anything but a good sound out of, whether in the default transparent mode, or its even smoother “Warm” mode.
Intuitive operation with plenty of flexibility
Each channel of museq offers three parametric bands along with high and low shelves that can be changed to operate as high and low pass filters with a carefully crafted resonance peak that keeps the knee frequency from sounding overly damped, reminiscent of inductor circuits in classic designs.
Multiple modes for each band
Each of the museq’s five bands can be changed from boost to cut mode with a single switch, helping you easily locate and reduce problem frequencies. The peak bands can change between a wide and narrow bandwidth at the click of a button, for gentler or more surgical EQ. And, there is a switchable option for adding harmonic color to the signal in Warm mode, by engaging a slew rate limiter, making the museq like two EQs in one.
Even better than the original
The engineers at Brainworx used advanced circuit modeling technology to capture all the color and nuance of the original elysia museq while adding new features. Take advantage of an integrated M/S matrix for mid-side processing, and the ability to bypass bands individually. In addition to the stereo version with all the bells and whistles, a streamlined Mix version with a mono GUI is included for even simpler operation.
EQ with a clean, musical character
- 100% Discrete Class-A emulation.
- Selectable “Warm” mode.
- Onboard oversampling for superior performance.
- Active bandpasses with FETs.
- Resonant High & Low Pass Filters.
- Parallel filter design.
- Stepped Potentiometers for precise adjustments.
The elysia units I've been using on individual tracks as well as across sub mixes and final stereo outs. All of these elysia units make up an incredibly powerful set of tools and have really… Read More
Elysia Museq★★★★★Elysia Museq is a stellar-sounding equaliser. Defined and clean deep sound that improves any source. Top level eq
The real sound★★★★★a very fine sound ideal for mastering with real sound quality, one of my favorites in my mastering setup a real plus to give character to the mastering and the mixed version is also top notch without… Read More
S-tier EQ!★★★★★The moment I tried this EQ, it never left my chain since then!
I mostly use it as an additive EQ on synths & pads and suddenly all the tracks sound super warm, fat & analog!
This is a… Read More
TOP #1★★★★★I just don't know how to describe it in words.
This is the first time I've heard that the plug-in is so analog.
I've tried a lot of EQ mastering from different… Read More
Excellent Mastering EQ★★★★★Used it to do some mastering and it was fantastic. I love the tone and features. I eventually mastered an entire volume of music with it. Highly recommend you try and buy.
Supported Plugin Formats
AAX DSP, AAX Native, AU, AAX AudioSuite, VST2, VST3
Supported Operating Systems
macOS 12 down to macOS 10.11
Windows 11 down to Windows 8
Intel, or Apple Silicon (except for AAX) architecture
Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM
With the Installation Manager you can select, download & install all the Plugin Alliance products. Select any and all formats you need for your system! Mac & PC.
elysia museq - Changelog
Version 1.12.1 (Jun 28, 2022)
- General: Fixed potential blacklisting of VST2 on Windows
- General: Fixed potential crashes on Windows
- General: Fixed processing being Mono with VST2 in FL Studio
- General: Fixed value readouts not being present when clicking knob
Version 1.12 (Mar 15, 2022)
- General: added native Apple Silicon compatibility for VST3, VST2 and AU
- General: added macOS Monterey support
- General: added Windows 11 and Windows 10 21H1 support
- General: discontinued Windows 7 support
- General: discontinued macOS 10.9 and 10.11 support
- General: fixed metering behavior in block sizes of 2048 samples and higher
Version 1.11 (Mar 22, 2021)
- General: Compatibility with Logic on Apple Silicon devices via the Rosetta-2 layer
- General: Fixed possible artefacts when freezing or bouncing tracks in Pro Tools
- General: Fixed automation highlighting disappearing in Studio One
- General: Improved license dialog visibility in dark mode
Version 1.10 (May 27, 2020)
- General: Qualified for use with the Windows 10 May 2020 Update
- General: VST3: Fixed potential hangs in a DAW upon loading
- General: Fixed logical issues in undo / redo behavior
- General: Fixed UI resizing issues in Ableton Live on Windows
- General: Fixed audio processing initialization issues on amp and delay products
Version 1.9 (Nov 06, 2019)
- General: Qualified for use with macOS 10.15 Catalina
- General: Qualified for use with Windows 10 November 2019 Update
- General: Fixed plugin validation in Logic under macOS Catalina
- General: Fixed preset name restore in Logic when reopening a session
- General: Fixed opening authorization dialog triggering automation
- General: Improved instantiation times for plugins
- General: Improved license functionality and branding for subscription
- General: Removed 32-bit support on macOS and Windows
Version 1.8 (Jul 10, 2019)
- General: macOS 10.14.5 Update compatibility
- General: Windows 10 1903 Update compatibility
- General: Fixed activation issue in Windows hosts set to non-English language (e.g. Cakewalk)
- General: AU: Fixed issue with increased CPU and memory on reopening UI
- General: VST3: Fixed issue with adapting to host knob mode, and now prioritizing linear
- General: VST3: Fixed issue with VST3 preset permissions
- General: VST3: Improved synchronization between parameter states and some UI functions, e.g. toolbar reset
Version 1.7 (Nov 16, 2018)
- General: macOS Mojave compatibility
- General: Windows October 2018 update compatibility
- General: adding Windows High DPI support for VST2/3 plugins
- General: Fixed potential crashes in Cubase and other VST2 / VST3 DAWs
- General: Fixed potential CPU spikes and audio dropouts
- General: Fixed rendering in Pro Tools on the start of a session
- General: Fixed missing presets in Wavelab and other VST3 DAWs
- General: Improving keyboard control, fixing issues with catched keys preventing it from passing through to DAW
- General: Fixed parallel use of host sessions (e.g. with Live)
Version 1.6 (May 24, 2018)
- General: Microsoft Windows Redstone 4 compatibility
- General: Added computer keyboard control for plugin parameters
- General: Fixed Mouse scroll wheel not working in Windows 8
- General: Fixed an issue where plugins will not validate or load after a certain amount of plugins have been loaded (Windows)
- General: Fixed visual GUI freezes when adjusting DAW parameters, meters, analyzers (Mac)
- General: Fixed possible issue with Pick Pack licenses
- General: Small licenser stability fix
Version 1.5 (Oct 23, 2017)
- General: Mac OS High Sierra compatibility
- General: Fixed possible crash on online activation (Mac OS High Sierra)
- General: Fixed Logic Pro X not validating AU plugins (Mac OS High Sierra)
- General: Fixed CPU spikes and crashes with Cubase (Windows)
- General: Fixed bug that could lead to "AAE -6 error" in ProTools (Windows)
- General: Fixed crash with FL Studio
- General: Fixed crash when cross-opening plugins in various hosts
- General: Fixed crash when using mixdown in Audition
- General: Fixed crash in Final Cut Pro
- General: Fixed delayed parameter handling and crackling issues in Cubase with VST3
- General: Fixed bug where plugin settings were not saved in Harrison Mixbus
- General: Fixed bug that led to AAE error -9317 in ProTools when instantiating plugin
- General: Fixed bug where plugins did not render properly when "x ray" option is enabled in Sonar
- General: Modifications to factory presets were lost when reopening session
- General: Fixed mouse wheel behaviour with second monitor setup (Windows)
- Some plugins: Value labels do not appear every time when clicking on parameter in UI
- General: Faster instantiation time for plugins (Windows)
- General: Adding support for automation highlighting in Presonus StudioOne
Version 1.4.1 (Dec 20, 2016)
- General: Mac OS Sierra compatibility
- General: Fixed automation issues in AU and AAX
- General: Fixed license dialog use of special characters
- General: Improved AU preset support
- General: Performance improvements
Version 1.4 (Apr 1, 2016)
- General: Major UI codebase update
- General: Fixed possible crash when authorizing plugin
- General: Added gain reduction meter support for StudioOne 3
- General: Installers show version info in Windows "Programs And Features"
Version 1.3.3 (Jan 18, 2016)
- General codebase update
- Removing RTAS format support
Version 1.3.2 (Jul 18, 2015)
- General codebase update
Version 1.3.1 (Jun 22, 2015)
- General codebase update
Version 1.3 (May 27, 2015)
- Fixed channel bypassing in M/S mode
- Fixed distortion
- Fixed wrong installation path for 32-bit Win VST plugin version
Version 1.2 (Apr 14, 2015)
- Added AAX DSP format
- Fixed clipping indicator
Version 1.1 (Nov 18, 2013)
- Licenser update (V3): Fixes and new features
- Prevent wrong mouse wheel behavior in 32-bit hosts on 64-bit Windows (Windows bug) (87, 95, 156)
- Fixed keyboard events after text input in Pro Tools Windows (325)
- Fixed parameter value display in VST3 (330)
- Fixed toolbar triggering automation (335)
- Fixed window size issues (279, 327)
Version 1.0 (Oct 01, 2013)
- Release version