- 10:17Lindell 80 Series Channel and Buss Overview | Plugin Alliance
- 33:15Lindell - 80 Series (Audio Examples) - Mixing With Mike Plugin of the Week
- 22:58Lindell - 80 Series (Features Video) - Mixing With Mike Plugin of the Week
- 2:32Lindell 80 Series Channel and Buss Playthrough
- 1:01Lindell 80 Series Channel and Buss Teaser
- 2:%l:33Plugin Alliance Brainworx SSL 4000 E and 4000 G - THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE
- 16:24Plugin Alliance - Lindell 80 Channel Strip - Plugin Review Friday #5
This is the true sound of the most coveted Neve modules
Lindell Audio’s 80 Series is an exacting emulation of the original Neve 1073 and 1084 preamp/EQs, the 2254 limiter/compressor, and 1272 line amplifier module, for your DAW. Each of these modules is drawn from the hand-wired 8028, a truly magical Neve desk on which countless seminal records have been cut in the last 30 years. Think names like Queen, David Bowie, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Slipknot and more. The sound of this analog legend is nothing short of extraordinary, and in the Lindell 80 Series, you will find that same full-bodied aggressive power, to help make your records sound as analog as possible.
A classic console with a cult-like following
Dating back to 1969 when it was first brought to the market, the 80 series analog mixing desks attained somewhat of a cult-like status due to their uniqueness and rarity. Known for their breathtaking depth, pristine high end and rich definition, the individual modules that comprise these desks have stood the test of time, and have inspired countless high-end clones. It’s no wonder that institutions like Sound City Studios, Oscilloscope Labs, Electric Lady Studios and Sphere Studios have relied on the sound and features offered by this desk. Lindell 80 Series Channel brings the sound of this desk into the digital domain.
An entire family of Neve processors
On its own, the Neve 1073 is one of the most popular preamp/EQs ever made, capable of staggeringly beautiful high end boosts and shockingly full and useful low end amplification. Add to that faithful recreation of the even more flexible and precise 1084 EQ, which has legions of its own fans, and you’d already have a plugin that’s worth more than the price of admission. But the 80 series adds on even more, with the 2245 limiter/compressor for smooth and creamy dynamic control, the 1272 line amplifier for full, rich harmonics, and a special Buss mode for all the Neve character without all the bells and whistles.
An updated icon
To complete their new console offering, Lindell Audio has licensed the patented Tolerance Modeling Technology from Brainworx to provide an authentic analog experience in the digital realm. Mix your songs using 32 distinct channels to replicate the various component tolerances found in the original hardware. Plugin-only features include a Mix knob for the limiter/compressor, variable THD and V Gain and more.
Legal Disclaimer: The Lindell 80 Series was developed by Lindell Audio using its own modeling techniques, and one of the products studied was the Neve 1073, 1084/2254 and Neve 1272 (Buss). Neve is a registered trademark of AMS/Neve Inc., which is unaffiliated with Lindell Audio. AMS/Neve have not licensed any intellectual property for use in the Lindell 80 Series, nor have they endorsed or supported the Lindell 80 Series in any manner.
Lindell 80 Series Channel
- Vintage sound of the 1073/1084/2254 in your DAW
- TMT — Brainworx patent-registered “Tolerance Modeling Technology” (US Patent No. 10,725,727)
- Bring the sound of the 8028 Neve console into your ITB projects
- All the roaring power of the world's most beloved mic pre - the 1073!
- True analog algorithmic emulation of all part components
- Hits the sweet spot of "just right" when it comes to the tone of the mic and line transformers and the frequency selections of the three-band equalizer
- Switch to the Neve 1084 which builds on the same basic design of the world-famous 1073, but offers a completely different palette of frequency selections.
- Single‑sided, discrete, class‑A electronics and three transformers in the audio path of the 2254 sounds silky smooth and luxurious.
- Auto Recovery, parallel mix control on the compressor along with THD, 32 channels of TMT and more!
- Oversampling: from 2x up to 16x
- GUI Zoom: Scale the plugin GUI from 70% of standard size and up to 100%
Lindell 80 Series Buss
- Modeled from the Vintage Line Amp 1272
- The 1272 Line Amp (1073 line driver) originally built for the 80 Series consoles
- "Fat" Low-End Response, Extreme console mix separation
- TMT (US Patent No. 10,725,727) & THD to offer a true analog buss processing power
- Beef up your individual group busses and your final mix buss to get the rich and smooth tone of the renowned Neve hardware
With warm lows and smooth highs this easily became one my favorite channel strip plugin! It’s extremely simple to use, has character and sounds really good! This is one of those plugins that… Read More
This is a product I am super passionate about, and it’s the first of it’s kind in the market.
Dylan “3-D” Dresdow
The Lindell 80 Series Buss and Channel has that classic 70’s musicality instantly. You’ll quickly find yourself picking out your favorite channels for your favorite tracks.
Thomas Plec Johansson
The Lindell 80 Series is by far the best emulation of this British classic that I've ever come across. The EQ's and filters are spot on not just capturing the frequency response of the originals… Read More
Lucas (Luke) Pimentel
The 8028 is the missing piece in my sonic puzzle. It has the character and texture that everyone relates to when the word analog comes to mind. Having both 1073/1084 accessible with a single… Read More
Dark, bigger than life★★★★★I've had the pleasure to assist a mixing session with a perfectly restored 80-series a couple times, and once you have done it you can't forget that sense of electric, dark creaminess you get from… Read More
Channel Strip estilo Neve★★★★★Me encanta este plugin, lo utilizo para procesar el bombo y la caja de mis mezclas, y jugando con la EQ, el compresor y THD consigo el tono perfecto. Muy recomendado para emparejarlo con otras… Read More
Mother of god...★★★★★This plugin is amazing. This is one of the absolute best channel strips on the market. Being able to switch preamps and eq's, the smooth 2254 compressor and the ability to dirty up a signal with the… Read More
Truly Beautiful★★★★★I absolutely did not intend buying this - I really didn't need another channel strip plug in. But anyway, I thought I'd demo it regardless...
I compared this on some mixes against some of my… Read More
Excelente Lindell 80.★★★★★Este channel-strip tiene el mejor sonido que he escuchado por software. Es muy fácil de operar, y con extraordinarios pre, eq y comp. No he utilizado mucho el gate.
MEJORA: La eq tiene tres… Read More
Supported Plugin Formats
AAX Native, AU, AAX AudioSuite, VST2, VST3
Supported Operating Systems
macOS 12 down to macOS 10.11
Windows 11 down to Windows 8
Intel or Apple Silicon architecture
Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM
With the Installation Manager you can select, download & install all the Plugin Alliance products. Select any and all formats you need for your system! Mac & PC.
80 Series Installers
Lindell Audio 80 Series - Changelog
Version 1.0.5 (Mar 23, 2023)
- Apple Silicon Support for AAX
Version 1.0.4 (Feb 24, 2023)
- Apple Silicon support for AU and VST2/3
Version 1.0.3 (Mar 11, 2020)
- CHANNEL, BUS - Crash in ProTools when automating Bypass, using small buffer size and oversampling.
Version 1.0.2 (Feb 3, 2020)
- CHANNEL, BUS - Removed read-only meters parameters.
Version 1.0.1 (Dec 18, 2019)
- CHANNEL, BUS - THD knob was noisy
- CHANNEL, BUS - Plugin settings were overwritten by the loading of the "current preset" in some VST2 hosts (Cubase, Studio One)
- CHANNEL, BUS - There was an undefined behavior and potential crash when using TMT.
- CHANNEL, BUS - Some filters didn’t work correctly with a sample rate lower than 44100.
- CHANNEL - Fixed potential origin of a crash when bypassed
- BUS - There was still noise when the fader was at the lower position
- CHANNEL, BUS - Added label units (dB, Hz, ...) to parameters in VST / VST3 formats
Version 1.0 (Nov 20, 2019)
- Initial released version