Visualize Your Mixes
SPL HawkEye includes a versatile set of audio measurement instruments. Access a Level Meter, Loudness Meter, Bit Monitor, Vector Scope, and Spectrum Analyzer. Unique features like bit-depth analysis and high-frequency monitoring offer a new window into the world of high-resolution audio recordings.
Hit Target Levels and Fix Mix Issues
Monitor your mixes with the Level Meter to ensure you leave enough headroom; avoid distortion when your music is uploaded to Spotify, iTunes, and TIDAL. Target specific integrated loudness levels using the Loudness Meter to prevent your tracks from being reduced in level or increased in level—and limited—by streaming services. Reveal problems in digital signals related to bit usage, depth, distribution, and DC offset. Identify phase-related issues that suck the life out of your mixes using the Vector Scope and pinpoint problematic resonances with the Spectrum Analyzer.
Clean and Flexible GUI
The graphical user interface (GUI) follows aviation industry guidelines for designing cockpit instruments. HawkEye presents all information uncluttered, minimizing eye strain over extended periods of use. HawkEye’s main view shows all measurement instruments within a single window. Any instrument can also be undocked and used within its own resizable window by double-clicking on it, allowing you to reposition the instrument to best fit your screen.
Visualize Your Mixes
- Left, Right, Mid, and Side True Peak and RMS Metering.
- dB full scale and Katz-Scales.
- dBTP Hold and falling numeric displays.
- A Loudness Meter that can display Peak to Loudness Ratio (PLR), Peak to Momentary Loudness Ratio (PMR), Peak to Short-Term Loudness Ratio (PSR), Integrated Loudness (IL), Momentary Loudness (ML), and Short-Term Loudness (SL).
- Timeline loudness display.
- LU target selection.
- Loudness range histogram.
- 64-bit Bit Monitor.
- Real bit-depth display.
- Bit pattern and distribution timeline.
- Direct current (DC) offset meter up to -40 dB.
- Vector Scope that reveals stereo balance, stereo width, and mono compatibility details.
- Luminescence slider that defines how long the Vector Scope signal stays on the screen.
- Balance meter to help you identify if your mix pulls too much to the left or right.
- Phase correlation meter to help you maximize punchiness.
- Spectrum Analyzer with Spectrogram, Pano/Phase, and 1/3 Octave view.
hawk eye★★★★★extrem usefull
groundbreaking★★★★★Already at first iteration packed with features essential for detecting imbalances, targeting dynamics, inaudible frequencies which could draw energy and therefore more dynamic range, testing new… Read More
Fails as Spectrum Analyzer★★★☆☆I bought SPL HawkEye on sale, becasue I needed a single window Metering tool since the one I was using before was 32 bit only so I could no longer use it.
Although it's a useful single screen… Read More
Excellent Metering Tool★★★★☆Excellent visibility, very well thought out, obtained for far, far less than what a certain competitor charges for their monitoring insights.
That fifth star would be there if it could check on… Read More
HawkEye is my go to★★★★★This was well thought of when it was designed. This is my mixing info central. I like this a lot, so easy on the eyes.
Supported Plugin Formats
AAX Native, AU, AAX AudioSuite, VST2, VST3
SPL HawkEye is also available as a standalone app.
Supported Operating Systems
macOS 12 down to macOS 10.11
Windows 11 down to Windows 8
Intel, or Apple Silicon (except for AAX) architecture
Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM
With the Installation Manager you can select, download & install all the Plugin Alliance products. Select any and all formats you need for your system! Mac & PC.
SPL HawkEye - Changelog
Version 1.0 (Jan 9, 2019)
- Initial release