- CharacterI bought this plugin because I've been so amazed by Noveltech's Vocal Enhancer. This one does not disappoint. Just as I have used the Vocal Enhancer on acoustic guitars with great success, Character can work on vocals as well. Both plugins can shape your track in ways where EQ falls short. They are crisp and clear giving you focus on an instrument's clarity, allowing room for other instruments in your mix.
- Time saver!!The simplicity and versatility of this plugin makes it a time saver. I've found that it worked better without aggressive settings, especially on pianos, but is a really good and unique plugin.
- It Makes "that" Instrument Stand OutI've tried every technique in the book for bringing out a certain instrument or sound in a mix. Character does just that with finesse and precision. It almost feels like cheating. What normally took complex side chain routing is now done with just this handy little secret weapon to bring out a certain instrument or sound in a heavy mix...but not just the sound of the entire instrument, you can dial in on the specific part of the instrument that you find will help distinguish it in the mix.
For instance, say you have a guitar and it's drowned out by a piano and a vocal. You can use Character to bring out either the plucks from the pick or fingers, or you can bring out the lower or higher tones (harmonics) of the vibrating strings. I totally overlooked this plugin because I thought it was just another saturator-based plugin but it really isn't completely that all. It is a unique and complex algorithm-based dynamic sonic enhancer. Just read the manual and you'll see.
I could not recommend this more highly to use on any mix for an instrument or sound that needs doctoring. It has become an indispensable time saving tool in my toolbox. Character...great name for what it was designed for.
- Noveltech CharacterTo be perfectly honest I thought this was a bit of a gimmick before I tried it, silly me!!!. Really very clever plugin that seems to boost frequencies and dynamics in a very musical way. Great for adding mid to top frequencies to a source with out harshness or ringing. Very transparent in operation and also very easy to use and I use it all the time now. Nothing more to say , simple to operate with some very smart processing under the hood, also very CPU light.
- FantasticBeen a fan of this plugin since the TC Powercore days. Indispensable tool for making leads cut through the mix amongst other applications.
- Noveltech CharacterFantastic sounding plugin just as good or better in my opinion than the original powercore version. Really enhances the characteristics for your synth vsts.
- ReviewThis plugin is very very good and useful.
- Surprisingly goodIt just works somehow...never expected it to be this good! Nice little helper if you are stuck in a mix and you need a different kind of feel to go on.
- Nice for finishing a mixThis plugin really opens the top end, and is easier to deal than most harmonic exciters. This gives that extra "spark" to a well rounded mix, and is a nice finishing touch to give your session a... well, "finished" feel.
- Synth MagicVery versatile. Doesn't work well for over compressed stuff. Definitely helps dial in synth sounds. Also works well in getting that slap into a snare or color to your kicks. A must grab!