- 4:41Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor Class A - Walkthrough | Plugin Alliance
- 4:17Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor Class A - Playthrough | Plugin Alliance
- 20:23Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor Class A - Mixing With Mike Plugin of the Week
- 1:50Vintage King @ AES 2012: Shadow Hills VK Edition Mastering Compressor
- 1:33Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor Class A Limited Edition - Teaser
An exclusive upgrade to one of the most prestigious hardware compressors of today
Available exclusively via Plugin Alliance, enhanced with patented TMT modeling, the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor Class A Limited Edition is one of the rarest and most powerful high end compressors ever built. In 2012, Vintage King released the hardware version of the Class A, limiting production to only 50 units! Through patented TMT modeling, Brainworx has created an exacting emulation of this legendary hardware that improves on the original with expanded features and much punchier VCA.
Class A compression meets even sweeter transformers
With the limited-edition Mastering Compressor, Shadow Hills Industries included an updated Class A discrete compressor section utilizing Lundahl input transformers, as well as hand-wiring each compressor with Mogami Cable, an important factor when Brainworx Audio modeled one of these limited units as it gave the limited edition version a different character to the original. For this limited edition, Brainworx included its well-known retractable Extra Unit, featuring TMT, Mid-Side processing, Mono-Maker, Stereo Width, Parallel Mix and an additional Sidechain Filter.
Offers smoother compression and a faster, punchier tone at the same time
During rigorous shoot-out tests against the original Shadow Hills Industries Mastering Compressor, our pro audio engineers observed time and time again that the Class A version features a smoother compression sound, a punchier VCA, more pronounced sonic dimension, and a larger sense of “size” and perceived depth.
An alternate, even fuller flavor from Shadow Hills
With the gain set to identical values on both versions of the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor, the Class A hardware version clocks in roughly 1-3 dB hotter, delivering a thicker and richer tone to whatever is running through it. To put it simply, this limited RED Class A version is punchier, faster and more versatile than the original GREEN version. Try GREEN for the Drum Buss and RED for the Master and you won’t be disappointed!
Exacting emulation of the original Class A limited edition of the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor, endorsed by Shadow Hills Industries.
Class-A discrete compressor section
Stereo, dual-mono and M/S modes
Separate Optical and Discrete compression sections for two-stage compression techniques.
Switchable Output Transformers: Nickel, which adds a nice top-end sparkle; Iron, which adds a little character in the mids; and Steel, which adds additional harmonic distortion.
Brainworx Plugin Only Features added to the additional panel including TMT, Headroom, M/S Processing, Mono-Maker, Stereo Width, Parallel Mix, Sidechain Filter, External Sidechain, Scalable User Interface.
This thing is pretty ferocious! I have it on Discreet with Steel, adding a touch of Stereo Width, some Mono Maker and its ripping....I like that you can squeeze the Master Channel up to 3db and it… Read More
I love my customized Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor, not only did Brainworx match it, but I have to admit, I wish it had all those extra cool features like the mono-maker, stereo width and the… Read More
This is such a powerful tool for compression. Instantly worked its way into the mixes I am working on at the moment and made me go back to a few to put it in there too. Very nice and round feel,… Read More
Lucas (Luke) Pimentel
Wow, just wow!! The New Version of the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor has taken this tool to a whole different level. With TMT and M/S features alone, this emulation is now replacing other… Read More
This plugin gives you a spot-on emulation of the top-dollar mastering compressor we all know and love, but can do things that the original can't! The headroom adjustment abilities, as well as M/S… Read More
Great sound★★★★★Getting amazing results with this in combination with bx_digital v3, PA ProAudioDSP DSM V3 and bx_limiter True Peak. The green version is quite good but this red version is in a league of its own.… Read More
Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor Class A★★★★★I purchased from September 2021 3 plug-in + bonus = MADDMIX BX_CONSOLE AMEK 9099 / Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor Class A / Black Box Analog Design HG-2 / Black Box Analog Design HG-2MS. He… Read More
Easily the best★★★★★This is by far the best Mastering Compressor I've put my hands on. Super warm & tight! And not only this plugin but also all the others sound absolutely gorgeous. Best quality out there hands down!
Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor★★★★★Probably the most beautiful compressor on earth. Just starring at the VU meters and glance at the dance of the hypnotic needles.
It sounds like heaven in hell !
Mastering Compressor Class A★★★★★Brilliant compressor, didn't really need it right now but I had to support in the wake of the terrible flooding.
Supported Plugin Formats
AAX DSP, AAX Native, AU, AAX AudioSuite, VST2, VST3
Supported Operating Systems
macOS 12 down to macOS 10.11
Windows 11 down to Windows 8
Intel, or Apple Silicon (except for AAX) architecture
Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM
With the Installation Manager you can select, download & install all the Plugin Alliance products. Select any and all formats you need for your system! Mac & PC.
Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor Class A - Changelog
Version 1.3.2 (Jun 28, 2022)
- Fixed missing zoom factor text button on Windows
- General: Fixed potential blacklisting of VST2 on Windows
- General: Fixed potential crashes on Windows
- General: Fixed processing being Mono with VST2 in FL Studio
- General: Fixed value readouts not being present when clicking knob
Version 1.3.1 (Mar 23, 2022)
- Fixed a potential licensing issue
Version 1.3 (Mar 15, 2022)
- General: added native Apple Silicon compatibility for VST3, VST2 and AU
- General: added macOS Monterey support
- General: added Windows 11 and Windows 10 21H1 support
- General: discontinued Windows 7 support
- General: discontinued macOS 10.9 and 10.11 support
- General: fixed metering behavior in block sizes of 2048 samples and higher
Version 1.2 (Mar 22, 2021)
- General: Compatibility with Logic on Apple Silicon devices via the Rosetta-2 layer
- General: Fixed possible artefacts when freezing or bouncing tracks in Pro Tools
- General: Fixed automation highlighting disappearing in Studio One
- General: Improved license dialog visibility in dark mode
Version 1.1 (May 27, 2020)
- General: Qualified for use with the Windows 10 May 2020 Update
- General: VST3: Fixed potential hangs in a DAW upon loading
- General: Fixed logical issues in undo / redo behavior
- General: Fixed UI resizing issues in Ableton Live on Windows
- General: Fixed audio processing initialization issues on amp and delay products
Version 1.0 (Jan 13, 2020)
- Initial Release