- Very nice soundsI love this plugin. So easy to use and the presets are an excellent reference point for fine tuning which helps for someone like me that isn't an engineer but likes to make music.
I have even done some a/b comparison with the presets and for the most part I have left them as they were.
This plugin has had a lot of use for the short time I've had it and is now an integral part of my tracking chain. The one little trick I like about it is the random channel switches. I was very surprised at how much of a difference there is between different channels. That adds a fun but very rewarding feature when you find the right track for the part.
Another great feature is the low and high pass filters which are very pleasing to the ear when dialed in. Some of the other controls were a little overwhelming to start with but with time and some practice it's all good.
My one and only beef with this plugin is I can't resize it to fit into my DAW and that's means I lose the bottom bar where the activation key is. This doesn't affect the usability of the console but it does bug me especially when moving the plugin around my DAW. I have to add the Plugin Alliance team were very helpful when it came to sorting this out for me.
By far this is the best money I've spent on a plugin and if you're after that lush analogue console gold then this may be for you.
- Even better than the real thingMaybe a seemingly outrageous claim, but given how Dirk has included the options within the channel compressor of not only a mix control (so therefore allowing it to be used as a parallel compressor rather than the usual series configuration) but it's own internal HPF and the secondary release resistor in the console circuit is now an accessible rotary control, allowing you to set the board up as a VSX or even an 88RS or anywhere you like between and past either side of the 2.
Then there is the TMT and the new THD options. One thing that can be a lot of fun is to set up the basic "faders up" mix (with the console on each track of course) and once you have your initial framework save anything you are particularly fond of as a channel preset and then hit the randomize channels button and select "all". Be prepared for it to possibly wreck a mix, but more often than not you will find something new you like - when you find each part's "golden channel" you have the basis of your own personal console setup - in ways the hardware cannot do so yes. Console N - even better than the real thing.
And now with 5.1 handling as well!Plugin Alliance responseThanks Neil! glad you like it as much as I do. Dirk.
- Best Plugin Ever!!This is honestly amazing and is honestly transforming my sound and its depth!Plugin Alliance responseThanks Gardly!
- Just awesomeAll that character that we like is there.I really enjoying using this plugin.
The THD and TMT is was we need in the digital world.
- BX_CONSOLE NWhat can I say. Dirk and the team at BRAINWORX improved an already awesome channel strip. I can go on describing in words how awesome the N is with the upgrades, but you have to hear it to believe it, and more importantly, hear it to believe in it. They now how a perfect trifecta of channel strips; SSL E and G, and a mightier NEVE N!!!
- BX Console NWhen I first read about BX console, I knew that it had to be something special. I was tired of mixing and matching different
eqs, compressors and preamp plugins. I wanted some consistency again as I had grown up using analog desks. BUT I also didn't want the sound of each plugin instance sounding exactly the same......that's just not how a real console is. I have to say that the TMT modeling was truly a cutting edge idea. You have the randomness and the idiosyncrasies of a real analog desk as each channel has been independently captured.
The first mix I did using the BX console with quite a high track count brought back what I had been missing. Not only was the cohesiveness there but with an organic analog warmth. And it felt great.
I've been using the BX console for months now and couldn't
be happier. I also just did the N upgrade as well which has included some additional thought out features including saturation per channel.
I don't think you'll be disappointed if you give it a try. It was exactly what I'd been looking for.
- my new Go-To channel stripThis is an all around great sounding channel strip. It's become my new "go-to", put on everything plugin. The most important part of a channel strip is the EQ, and this EQ sounds excellent and natural. I like the sound of the compressor too and I like the inclusion of a mix control and high pass filter side-chain on the compressor. I owned the original (non "N") bx_console plugin and wished for a way to easily switch all the instantiations to different channel numbers of the TMT modelling, and this new version adds that feature. So much happier now.
I have a few minor quibbles still. I wish there was a way to change the default settings without the use of presets. I also wish the controls mapped to the D-Command better. There are a couple controls that don't map right or maybe don't exist on the baby icon (if they're there I can't find them) and one that is on the D-Command but not on the plugin UI. Maybe it's left over from the "bx_console" original pre-"N" version. It's a non issue if you're using a mouse.
I Love that Brainworx is supporting AAX-DSP!!! So few are. I'm stoked they are now making an SSL E channel. Based on my experience with this "bx_console N", I'm definitely going to buy the E Channel and be almost completely waned off of that other huge plugin company's products that don't. Thanks for stepping up for the Pro community Brainworx!-)
- Bc console NThis plugin Really is an exciting new addition to my arsenal, I’m not sure I have the CPU to use it on every channel but what I have tried it on I was able to get sweet results , I’ll have to keep experimenting because I never did more then assist on these kind of superpower desk and the I’m sure if you did you would be in tweak heaven instantly but I’m sure glad I own it because the better I get at this mixing areana the more I’ll use this channel strip and create some analog sounding gems also I love the 3 license options you get with the alliance So you can transfer files from a few of your PC options if you need to go that route . Last
But not least it’s pretty awesome how PA
managed to take the time to set us up with the ability to randomize channels , could bring back some magic we’ve all heard before .
- VThis is the plugin i was waiting for ! The thd bring you to an other level .
- bx_console NThe more often I use this plugin the more I like it. On one hand it is a complete solution for sculpting the sound of a track, on the other hand it is very musical and "resonant" without interfering. On Studio One I tried the implemented console simulation and didn't like it - it felt like adding noise to a former "clean" mix. The bx_console N behaves quite different - it adds more space and integrity to the mix. Another great addition of the latest "N" Version (compared to the former bx_console) is... a useful manual that gives a better understanding of the channel strip. Well done! Now I feel like a proud owner of a Neve console.