- Pure QualityTo be honost I have a lot hardware and to my ears the EQ sounds very analog like the real River EQ by Harrison. I master a lot Deep-House and Tech-House productions for www.nyonrecords.com and www.stabrecordings.com so to speak in the style.
Hihats and percussion can be tuned like a doctor.
Sounds transparant and really close to anolog. Percussion gets it's own space in the mix. Subs and Kicks sound very Vinyl like. Really like the Ducked Bass Drum preset on Kicks (fine tuning needed). Top work and happy I bought this. Cheap price compared to analog gear that costs 2000$ with the same qualities. Respect to the developers. The randomness per channel is dope!
- bx_console NWhile it's hard to say just how accurate the bx_console N is compared to the original. It did have a comparative warmth similar to other Neve consoles I've used. What surprised me most was the complexity of the plug-in. It feels like you're back on a Neve and doing some proper engineering. Being able to adjust even the inner workings of the console really takes some experimenting. It instantly became my go to plugin, and is now my starting point on every mix I do in the box.
- bx_console NI'm just speechless ... fantastic plugin - thank you :-)
- bxconsole nNever used analog but this plugin works like i want it to work. Clean, smooth hotsauce!
- Console NThe compression is not usable. I like the eq for certain uses. The knobs jump when you try to use them.
I would not recommend this plugin for the price.
- Very nice soundsI love this plugin. So easy to use and the presets are an excellent reference point for fine tuning which helps for someone like me that isn't an engineer but likes to make music.
I have even done some a/b comparison with the presets and for the most part I have left them as they were.
This plugin has had a lot of use for the short time I've had it and is now an integral part of my tracking chain. The one little trick I like about it is the random channel switches. I was very surprised at how much of a difference there is between different channels. That adds a fun but very rewarding feature when you find the right track for the part.
Another great feature is the low and high pass filters which are very pleasing to the ear when dialed in. Some of the other controls were a little overwhelming to start with but with time and some practice it's all good.
My one and only beef with this plugin is I can't resize it to fit into my DAW and that's means I lose the bottom bar where the activation key is. This doesn't affect the usability of the console but it does bug me especially when moving the plugin around my DAW. I have to add the Plugin Alliance team were very helpful when it came to sorting this out for me.
By far this is the best money I've spent on a plugin and if you're after that lush analogue console gold then this may be for you.
- Even better than the real thingMaybe a seemingly outrageous claim, but given how Dirk has included the options within the channel compressor of not only a mix control (so therefore allowing it to be used as a parallel compressor rather than the usual series configuration) but it's own internal HPF and the secondary release resistor in the console circuit is now an accessible rotary control, allowing you to set the board up as a VSX or even an 88RS or anywhere you like between and past either side of the 2.
Then there is the TMT and the new THD options. One thing that can be a lot of fun is to set up the basic "faders up" mix (with the console on each track of course) and once you have your initial framework save anything you are particularly fond of as a channel preset and then hit the randomize channels button and select "all". Be prepared for it to possibly wreck a mix, but more often than not you will find something new you like - when you find each part's "golden channel" you have the basis of your own personal console setup - in ways the hardware cannot do so yes. Console N - even better than the real thing.
And now with 5.1 handling as well!Plugin Alliance responseThanks Neil! glad you like it as much as I do. Dirk.
- Best Plugin Ever!!This is honestly amazing and is honestly transforming my sound and its depth!Plugin Alliance responseThanks Gardly!
- Just awesomeAll that character that we like is there.I really enjoying using this plugin.
The THD and TMT is was we need in the digital world.
- BX_CONSOLE NWhat can I say. Dirk and the team at BRAINWORX improved an already awesome channel strip. I can go on describing in words how awesome the N is with the upgrades, but you have to hear it to believe it, and more importantly, hear it to believe in it. They now how a perfect trifecta of channel strips; SSL E and G, and a mightier NEVE N!!!