- An ITB Classic!This is a very clean sounding EQ - deceptively powerful on many different kinds of tracks. The EQ points are well considered so can be equally useful across vocals/mix bus/acoustic guitar/kick drums and essentially anything else. The most unique feature is of course the hi shelf boosts above 20k - these can be very gentle and smooth.
As with the hardware, boosts can add a fairly substantial boost to level, so the included screw to compensate for gain is very useful!
- Secret weapon for vocalsI was skeptical, but this EQ is magic. The 2.5k shelf is incredible. I don't know how they did it, but it's able to boost significantly without sounding harsh.
The other bands are very sweet and musical as well. They don't allow for crazy levels of adjustment, but are great for subtle shaping and refinement.
As everyone else says, the "Air" band is where this plugin really sets itself apart. Stick it on 40k, crank it up, and you've got this incredible sheen and presence on your vocal. It's pure magic. Also sounds great on guitars (acoustic and electric).
My only complaint is that it seems you can only adjust everything in 0.5db increments. I would have preferred finer control, but this EQ is so great, that doesn't bother me too much.
- SurgicalAbsolutely Love this EQ. My go to EQ for vocals without fail.
- Just using itAlternative to lfs lufticus. This one has any special options like equal gain. Definitely a great emulation. I purchased this one only for its air band lol
- Magic + SimpleVery simple to use; those high bands are so intuitive and make vocals pop out and add shine to everything. So much easier to use than parametric EQs - do the surgery with them first and then shine up the track with the Maag as the big treat!
The bands also sound astonishingly transparent, and you rarely need more than 2db unless you are in a really thick mix.
- The BestEQ4 seems to find its way on to every track I mix. The air band is absolutely indispensable: it adds sparkle and air without a hint of harshness. The lower bands are fantastic for quickly removing mud and honk. Wouldn't mix without it. :)
- best EQone of the best EQ's! this is my go to EQ for additive flavor. Just seems to work especially on vocals and drums. I will be adding the hardware version cash flow permitting.
- Maag EQ4As usual, everything Cliff Maag makes is amazing! I started with an old EQ3 and have loved every product Ive bought from him since. Thanks CliffPlugin Alliance responseThanks James! Much appreciated!
- Maag Audio - EQ 4I had high hopes for this plugin from the beginning, and since I've bought it, it has literally smashed my hopes. Sooo much better than what I even thought. Honestly one of the best plugins I've used if not the best. Very musical, very easy to use, it does all the work for you. Just record, play back and listen while it tones your vocals or sounds. Thanks Plugin Alliance!
- MagicEQ4 is magic: defined lows, natural mids, airy highs. I just love it on my mix buss as well. It was a typical try and immediately buy situation for me... :)