- 0:46Trailer: Maor Appelbaum Mastering & Hendyamps THE OVEN | Plugin Alliance
- 38:05Multi-Grammy winner Bob Horn demos THE OVEN | Plugin Alliance
- 2:36Playthrough: Maor Appelbaum Mastering & Hendyamps THE OVEN | Plugin Alliance
- 11:43Creator of THE OVEN hardware, Maor Appelbaum demos THE OVEN plugin | Plugin Alliance
- 14:24The Oven
- 11:17What the cooking knobs & switches on THE OVEN do | Plugin Alliances
- 23:18The Oven - Saturator EQ - By Maor Appelbaum. Sneak Peak!
- 11:54Level Matching - What They're Not Telling You!
- 26:09Maor Appelbaum on creating THE OVEN & the new plugin | Plugin Alliance
Full of analog flavor
THE OVEN is not a typical EQ or saturator. It’s a colorful “Mojo Box” designed to "Cook, Bake & Broil" any sound source, whether an individual track, stem, group, mixbuss or mastering chain. From subtle hi-fi enhancement to aggressive drive, it will add warmth, size, depth, color and sizzle to your tracks.
The color of tubes and solid state combined
Designed by world renowned mastering engineer Maor Appelbaum and acclaimed analog hardware designer Chris Henderson, THE OVEN is an “out of the box” take on tonal coloration that is quickly making fans out of producers, engineers, mixers, mastering engineers and composers alike. Bringing together the best of classic meets modern tube and solid state designs, it features a unique set of controls for intuitive, creative and FUN tone tweaking.
One-of-a-kind operation that’s easier than scrambling an egg
The controls on THE OVEN may seem unusual at first—but that’s a feature, not a bug. They are designed to help you turn off your technical mind and start making bold and creative choices immediately. Use the COOK control to add thick bloom, pentode tube drive, and the three BURNERS to layer in multiband saturation and tonal shaping options. Turn up the TEMP to push them harder for added color and mojo, or switch from BAKE to BROIL and ELEC to GAS to change the voicing and response of the tube circuit. Adjust controls like BURN TYPE, BUNSEN and SIZZLE to quickly dial in freshly baked new sounds. To get memorable and useful tone, you don’t even have to know what these controls are supposed to do! Just let your taste and imagination guide you, and you’ll love what you hear.
Further enhanced with digital-only features from Brainworx
This adventuresome plugin has additional features that are not in the original hardware thanks to the retractable Extra Unit from Brainworx, which adds in the Mono Maker, Stereo Width control, TMT and more.
- Emulation of the Mastering Grade Mojo Box THE OVEN, endorsed by Maor Appelbaum & Hendyamps
- Immediately add Warmth, Size, Depth, Mojo, Vibe, Color, Saturation and Sizzle to your tracks with fun and intuitive controls
- Use the COOK knob to add tube color, adjusting the tube’s voicing with BAKE/BROIL and its intensity and drive mode with ELEC/GAS
- Twist the three BURNERS for frequency specific saturation, and adjust their BURN TYPE to switch between carefully curated frequency ranges
- Add Upper range SIZZLE or kick the high burner in BUNSEN mode for extra presence that will open up more detail
- Increase the color and drive by turning up the TEMP
- Brainworx ́ TMT inside: Tolerance Modeling Technology (TMT, US Patent No. 10,725,727) simulates channel-to-channel variances in electronic components for the most realistic analog sound in the box
- Mono-Maker - sums your low-frequency content to mono, giving you focused, punchy bass response
- Stereo Width - to expand the stereo width of your tracks
- Separate Mono Version - for using individual tracks such Kick Drum, Snare, Bass, Vocals, etc.
- Scalable User Interface
- Artist Presets from Bob Horn, Chris Henderson, Kane Churko, Yoran Vazan, Jordan Stillwell, Geoff Swan and Maor Appelbaum
Using THE OVEN by Maor Appelbaum and Hendyamps has become a key part of my workflow. I’ve never heard a more musical way to transform your sounds into exactly what your looking for. The way it… Read More
After owning the hardware THE OVEN for two years, THE OVEN plugin has immediately become the centerpiece of my processing chain on every channel and on the stereo buss, when I mix or master. To… Read More
THE OVEN is the missing analogue glue… Read More
It’s emulations like this that allow me to work ITB with a smile on. Read More
F. Reid Shippen
Dude. This sounds great. Instantly useable. I love that it’s scaled for mastering- a lot of plugs have way too much range, it’s nice to be able to do subtle stuff. Killer on vocal and mix… Read More
Everybody loves it!!★★★★★How can you not love it? It's an arsenal on its own!! Simply must have!! And be sure to check the presets, it needs some digging into before you can use it to its full.
My favourite plugin★★★★★I own almost all the PA stuff, and this has immediately become my all time favourite plugin. In my mixing and mastering work I rely quite a bit on saturation to give tracks character, depth, size,… Read More
The OVEN★★★★★I bought the plugin yesterday and immediately tried, both during the mastering and on the track or bus acoustic guitars. Great, the sound turned on, more conveniently as I imagined, the band was… Read More
Cooking in Texas★★★★★I didn't believe the hype... I put it on my mix bus and automatically it breathed new life into the music. I am very impressed with this plug-in. Another huge win for Plugin Alliance!
Phenomenal!★★★★★It took a mastering engineer with great ears to develop a plug like this.This is next level tech.
Such a tasteful use of combined FX that really adds depth and space to a mix or track.
Supported Plugin Formats
AAX Native, AU, AAX AudioSuite, VST2, VST3
Supported Operating Systems
macOS 12 down to macOS 10.11
Windows 11 down to Windows 8
Intel, or Apple Silicon (except for AAX) architecture
Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM
With the Installation Manager you can select, download & install all the Plugin Alliance products. Select any and all formats you need for your system! Mac & PC.
THE OVEN Installers
THE OVEN - Changelog
Version 1.0 (Oct 5, 2022)
- Initial release