- BlackBox HG-2I used the free trial for the plugin version of the HG-2 for a day or two before I knew I wanted to hardware in my studio. Taking advantage of the free plugin deal that comes with the hardware purchase, I can assure you that this is an awesome emulation. In truth, it has more features than the actual hardware and this brings a lot of functionality. I will say that I love the hardware and am thrilled with what it does to a mix. Best of both worlds here but if you're not making the dive into the analog world, I do recommend adding the plug to your set-up. This is a beast for mixing and mastering (and drums and bass and guitar... you get the idea).
- Great sound!Thank you plugin alliance for this great plugin, it brings things to life, I use it on my money channels as well as main bus and it makes a whole lot of difference.
It gives character, definition, I can shape my tone to warm or airy, definitely a must have!
Thanks again PA!
- Excellent it isI bought Black Box Analog design when on sale and I do not regret! What an amazing piece of software it is. Great sounding on inserts and send buses for many instruments and sometimes vocals and mastering. It is small but powerful and beautifully designed. I can recommend it if you're looking to add sparkle and a nice saturation touch to whats needed in your mixes. Fantastic!
- Tube Goodness ITBThe marketing words are accurate. This plugin adds a sparkle and presence to a mix buss that is magical. Very subtle, though you can push it for saturated distortion effect, but I find it most pleasing with *just* enough Output to add an edge that is remarkably tube-like. Pitted against similar plugins that mimic "preamp" effects, this one came out superior in my studio. I saved my pennies for this one. It's worth it.
- Good!!It is a little tricky to use. But the result is very good.
- Not for everythingI got this plugin on a whim as it was reduced in price, Dave Pensado said it was wonderful and looks like I bought his marketing videos (I am starting to read Pensado's reviews much more carefully lately as everything is always so great but then...) This plugin is useful on some things, others not so much. For example I am not a fan on how it sounds on the stereo bus (I guess it depends on your style and the content), where everyone seems to put it. I like it on drums bus, Snare sometimes. I need to play more with it but after a month of using it my advice is download the demo and play with it before you buy.
- HG-BonerifficThis really is the best thing that ever happened.
- reviewgreat variety of tube flavours, try it for yourself....you'll love it
- Want some analogue flavor?This is my first to go to saturator. Before I used the Softube Saturator knob but was missing decent controls. I love the way it sounds, works great on vocals which are a bit dull (the air knob) and also soft synths, to give them more energy and power!
- Magic BoxUnbelievably convincing tube emulation. Very versatile for a tube device and useful for so many different saturation needs. Easy on the cpu as well.