- TE-100A few years ago, most ITB EQs used essentially the same algorithms, & on many forums the idea that purchasing numerous EQ plugins was a waste of money.
Not so today. EQ modeling has undergone a quantum leap.
The TE-100 is one example of an EQ plugin that doesn't sound like anything else. It has a unique, cool saturation, along with a hint of compression and a spectacular 3-D like quality.
Highly recommended when you need a track to standout and to add life to a flat digital recording through a generic converter based pre-amp.
A real pleasure!
- Smoothest Top EndThe 6dB/octave shelf boost provides for the smoothest top end boost I have yet encountered on an EQ. It allows me to make things nice and bright without any harshness that one could expect from most other EQs.
- Don't demo it - You want it!!My main critique about PA is mostly about their slavishly and non-sensically clinging to small hardware-replica GUIs or basically dreadful GUI design, esp. the ‘black bx_-stuff’.
Likewise the Lindell plugs never impressed me, the -500 plugins - good but nothing I already have and a GUI that makes no sense on the screen. Same goes for the -45E plugs, better but the archaic GUI-design is real turn-off for me.
Then along comes the TE-100 with an even more archaic GUI - but in this case it works! Because it's mostly knobs and big and eye friendly. The usage quirks go away within the first hour of work, just like that.
But foremest, this isn't like any plugin I heard before! This must be the most musical, analogue sounding EQ to date! These qualities I found only matched by the Kush Novatron. Just by inserting them, esp. on acoustic recordings, the audio gains a natural sounding depth and coherency I rarely encounterd in any plugin and lots of them try!
But also all ITB-sounds gain a lot more life with the TE-100. And then you start tweaking and it's like unfolding another dimension of your sound. I think there is nothing right now that can beat the synergy between the TE-100 and the Novatron.
Now I actively started to look for opportunities to use the TE-100 and I only find very rare occasions where the audio does not benefit from it and I use it almost always on the master channel.
But there is also a bit of a downside. In Analogue Mode (V1.1) the SNR is between -120 and -100dBFS (at around 50Hz), this is quite a lot in the digital world and if you are working in K20 this can even be problematic - but manageable.
And just on a note, this plugin takes quite a bit of CPU with Analog and Oversampling turned on but I gladly sacrifice that, to get this sound.
As I said - don’t demo it - you want it immediately!
- TE-100Sweet sounding EQ. Very easy to use. Very musical frequency ranges!
- Lindell Audio TE-100VERYYYYY accurate , the most warmest emualtion I have ever heard, and im speaking on 30 years experience, and this plugin is the TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- TE-100Intuitive controls, easy to get results...and a sweet low end! all for a few dollers. Happy ;-)
- Lindell Audio TE-100Love it's very distinct mid tone. Very good sounding vintage EQ emulation. It's fun to play with different levels & oversampling on different materials. Seems like never have enough boost from it... need to be careful. Great stuff!
- TE-100I use it for tube distortion or as a driving eq. It gives an excellent choice of options for frequency selection. Not so heavy in processing could be used in a session multiple times in a creative way for mixing as a sort of 'channel strip'.
- Smooth as they comeKinda amazed at how smooth this EQ sounds. It's a little strange at first due to the slightly weird interface but as far as Pultec style EQ's are concerned, this is amazing. Super warm bottom end and the highs just add something magical to your tracks. Five stars!
- AwesomeCreamy Low-end and Top-end. Really beautiful sounding plugin. It is now on my mastering chain.